• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual GTX470 watercooling, need opinions before I take the plunge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeffery_Paul

Registered
Ok guys, its been a long time since I have posted on here, but its time to start thinking about upgrading my graphics card from a GTX260 to a pair of GTX470's.

I want to watercool these, but am not really sure on how to set it up.

First off, if anyone has any recommendations on which waterblocks are the best performance, please let me know.

I want to make it a seperate loop from my CPU loop, as space is an issue and my ambient temps are high so my CPU isn't as cool as it could be.

I was thinking of getting the Swiftech MCR320drive and externally mounting it out the back of my PC perpendicular to the backplate (so when you look at the side of the case, you are looking at the front of the radiator) with tubing going through a PCI bracket to the cards.

I chose that method because I am a little tight on space at the moment, and really don't want to over clutter the case. appearance is important to me.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Ok guys, its been a long time since I have posted on here, but its time to start thinking about upgrading my graphics card from a GTX260 to a pair of GTX470's.

I want to watercool these, but am not really sure on how to set it up.

First off, if anyone has any recommendations on which waterblocks are the best performance, please let me know.

I want to make it a seperate loop from my CPU loop, as space is an issue and my ambient temps are high so my CPU isn't as cool as it could be.

I was thinking of getting the Swiftech MCR320drive and externally mounting it out the back of my PC perpendicular to the backplate (so when you look at the side of the case, you are looking at the front of the radiator) with tubing going through a PCI bracket to the cards.

I chose that method because I am a little tight on space at the moment, and really don't want to over clutter the case. appearance is important to me.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Hi!

Conundrum just a pair of 470s set up. Check out his thread.

Wes

I am currently doing a build and will be configuring something sililar to sledgehammer70's setup by having my loop to gpus flowing from bottom to top card since heat rises naturally. He is on EVGAs forums and has a youtube channel explaining his setup. I will be going with EK or koolance gpu blocks. I am going to run a dual loop cooling gpus, cpu, and mobo. I will test like sledge did to see which setup works best for my configuration.

Last edited:
Back