• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP thinks I have 3 CD ROMS installed, but only have 2.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JR HAWK 9

When I open 'My Computer', I have three CD Rom drives listed, which are 'E', 'F', 'G', but the thing is I only have 2 installed. The 'G' drive is the one I want to get rid of. Under system properties it shows that I only have two drives (a DVD and a CDR-W)....how come 'My Computer' shows three of them? Is there a way in the registry to get rid of this 'virtual' drive 'G'?

Thanks
Paul

Thanks a bunch, boy am I a dumb a$$ . I installed virtual drive awhile ago just for the hell of it and never noticed what it did. I uninstalled it and now it's gone, imagine that :rolleyes:
Thanks
Paul

Its a program for example I use Daemon. It creates a virtual drive on your computer so you can load cd images into it and trick your computer into thinking that the real cd is in there when its not. Its very useful for games and other applications that you want to run off your harddrive without burning them onto cd. It works with ISO and many other images files out there. However this is overclockers and we cant talk any more about how we can obtain these "images" sorry....

Back