• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Failure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7AIR28

Registered
Another problem has aroused (the third today)
So, after i installed my operating system successfully (Win7 32-bit) i powered down and installed the video card (XFX 9600GT), the system booted successfully. I then installed the drivers for the card and the computer had to restart again. However this time, the DRAM LED was burning red and the computer would not start, it sat there with that LED on and the fans running (the video card fan screaming fast). I pressed and held the MemOk button until it began flashing to reset the RAM to default settings/timings but the computer still refused to start.
I removed the video card to see if that was the problem but it did not fix it and the system still refused to get past a black screen. What could be the problem here? Is it a coincidence that the RAM so happened to fail right after driver installation for the vid card or could the videocard and its drivers have been the problem???

How could I clear out the RAM if that is the problem?

Note: The video card seemed to heat up crazy fast and the fan was 100% the whole time. Also note that i can not get in to BIOS to change any settings or configurations.

OK, reset the CMOS by either using the jumper or taking out the battery for a few seconds. See if you can get back into the BIOS after doing that.

Part of your problem may be that you used the onboard video during installation of the OS with the video card uninstalled. You need to get into your BIOS and disable the onboard video and set it to use your PCIE videocard. You may have to temporarily hook your monitor back up to the mainboard's video port to 'see' the BIOS.

You will probably need to do a clean install the video drivers after you do this.

Last edited:
Back