• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock with-out unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Takovr

can i overclock my athlon xp 1900 with out unlocking it, I have a soyo dragon plus, 512ddr pc 2100 and g-force ultra card. OS is windows xp. What should my setting be in my "bios" to over-clock to 1.67 "xp2000". I have plent of colling im at 101f at start-up..

Thx for help

If you go into your bios, there should be an option for setting the FSB and the CPU voltage. Up the FSB by 1mhz and reboot (default for you is 133mhz). If the computer boots up, up it another mhz until it doesn't boot. Once it doesn't boot, up the voltage by 1 and reboot again. Do this until you have the voltage maxed and it won't boot, then go down 1mhz until it will boot.

Once you do that, run some tests by playing your favorite game for a couple of hours to make sure it is stable. If it crashes during the game, reboot and lower it another mhz.

Hope this helps.

This is what I got

Ok, in my bios i set the frquency 1mhz stepping tp 138, I set the cpu ratio select to auto, and I set the cpu vcore select to +0.100v.
When I boot up my P.C. reads 1656 and when i run sisoft it says im running at 1.7mhz. Everything is stable I ran 3dmarks2001 12 times and got a score of 8321. Did I over-clock right ? And thx for the help...

Gene

Did I over-clock right ?

any overclock is right....

sounds good to me...

what are your temp's at 1.7...

Temp

my temp is 41c 0n boot-up also what is and should be the settings for "cpu ratio select" I have it on auto.?

Thx for help

I highly doubt you need the voltage that high for 5mhz. I didn't need to up my voltage until I got around 149mhz.

Try doing it with the voltage on default, this will bring your temps down and you should still be very stable. Of course, if you aren't stable, up the voltage a little at a time until you are.

Nice job on the overclock, see if you can get more! I am running at 150 right now with standard cooling.

one more quick question

Thx for all the help i got it stable at fsb143, speed 1.72 I backed down the voltage to "defult". I have 512 pc 2100 "Samsung" memory that is cas 2.5 I have it running at cas 2 can overclocking destroy the memory ?

Gene

eh?

:beer: ok.. how in the world did you get the dragon plus to 150 FSB with standard cooling??? I have a Lian Li PC-71 with 5 case fans and the Dragon plus and I'm shutting down at 142.

I diden't

Im running fsb at 142 x12.0=1.704. I have to 7200 rpm fans blowing on my chip.

No-Unlocking

I diden't un-lock my chip all i did was go into the bios set multiplyer to 12 set fsb to 142, set memory to cas-2.

its not about cooling on the soyo, its just that they can't reach that high of fsb, my record is 155

Back