• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange colors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fsoufi

Registered
Hello, I am still new here and seeking an answer in this well organized community , I have XFX GTX 280 XXX Edition, recently i started getting some strange colors on "SOME" of the games, i formatted the OS and still the same.
check the attachment to see what happens, and it only happens on some of the game.
hope some one can help
thanks

Attachments

• DSC00322.JPG
    DSC00322.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 391
Try increasing the fan speed and see if the problem persists. Also, have you cleaned the dust out of your case and gfx card recently? That might help as well.

Done

I have already cleaned the case from dust, and about the fan, "I fixed extra fan" it is called Arctic Cooling Xtreme, yet the issue is not solved, also this issue happens only in a low type of graphics ! like i play BFBC2 with highest resolution and highest settings for 8 hours without any problem, however if i play Napeloen Total War, for 30 min the issue appears, also happens in Dawn of War II.
it is making me crazy ..

Thanks for suggesting, however different cable didnt make any difference, i tried 2 different cables and 2 different monitors, still the same, i doubt it is a cable issue, otherwise it will be like this always not only on specific type of games.

I removed the graphic card to check it and i found one heat sink isnt placed correctly on a chip, i fixed it again, now when i run the same games after exactly the same time of playing "20 min" i get a blue screen "not BSOD" and the sound still work actually even the VOIP was still going on like nothing happened but a blue screen and i cannot switch to windows any more, so it is not a total freeze

about the color note .. i agree... it is kaloure ..^^
about the temp hardly it reaches 54 the cooling system i included is really making the GPU temp very low.

about the color note .. i agree... it is kaloure ..^^
about the temp hardly it reaches 54 the cooling system i included is really making the GPU temp very low.
i just feel like this guy at some point :comp:

Hmm, well could be corrupt VRAM.
I'm out of my depth here so I can't really suggest anything useful apart from the oven trick.

Someone else had a similar problem I think and the oven trick worked for him.

oven trick is very risky ...at least it is working with most of the games now..dont want to fully destroy it

before you put it in the oven make sure it is the faulty component and not the pci-e bus. try it in a different machine if you can.

and its not kaloure, color, or colour. its smegma, as in i have got smegma all over my screen.

Run GPU-Z, and click on the sensors tab. Check the box to continue monitoring in the background. Game for a few minutes, and then return to view the graphs.

You will be able to see all the thermal sensors now...not just the core.

I'm guessing that the MOSFETs are over-heating. I also have the same aftermarket cooler, and it does a great job of keeping the GPU and RAM cool, but the MOSFETs are given a very weak heatsink. I modified mine by adding several low-profile RAM-sinks to add some more metal surface area, and the MOSFET temps still climb up well north of 100*C even with excellent case-flow, and the gfx card fans on 100%.

Try the fan at 100%...it's still absolutely silent. Also make sure that your PCI-e power cables going to the gfx card are not in any way inhibiting any of the 3 fans. I had a cable that was interfering w/ 1 fan on mine and preventing it from spinning.

It's color in the US.

The smegma is the funniest thing, hahaha!:)

Dw I knew that from the start, always room for a bit of light hearted insults between countries :D

I find the second part more disturbing than anything else... :p Anyway enough from me about this, going off topic way to much.

i am currently at work so i will be checking the GPU-Z as soon as i arrive

problem solved ! ... the best solution ever.. i bought a new card taraaaa .. -.-

Back