• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Stealth Xtream 500W - only one ATX12v 4pin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stowenrat

Does this have only one CPU connector? Seems odd that it would these days?

I am deciding between the Antec Earthwatts 380w, the Corsair CX400w and the OCZ Stealth Xtream 500W (which is on offer for a similar price as the other two), but if it only has one CPU connector then that would decide against the OCZ.

Why get anything less than 500W now adays? Anyway, i think the Corsair PSU's are better built, had fans die and low rails on OCZ's of the past.

Go corsair, the stealthxtream i wouldn't trust.
It claims two 18a rails combined for 40a max load.
Their math is not so good.

I've had that corsair, it's glorious.

Only reason not to get it(cx400) is if you have a >180w GPU.

I don't have any GPU, I am using the onboard graphics. :)

I am swayed towards the Corsair, thanks guys. :)

Why get anything less than 500W now adays?

If you have a low power rig that's only going to draw under 100w idle and 200 loaded, a 500w PSU would be a bad decision. PSUs are mostly at top efficiency at 50% load, and all else being equal, for a low powered system, you want to match it with a low capacity PSU. Sure, you could throw a 1000 watt unit on a system that only draws 150 loaded, but you'd be throwing money out the window, both in PSU cost and losses due to low efficiency. I wish Corsair made a 150-200w PSU, I would have snapped one up for my HTPC.

Seasonic makes a 300w, it's a great PSU, 24a 12v, quiet, cheapish.

Don't make a 200ish though.

Just installed the Corsair and it is lovely and quiet, all rails look great.

Thanks guys, very happy with my new PSU. :)

Back