• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a program to read my printer memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

I heard that someone created a program that will read what is in my printers memory. Anyone know anything about such a program?

I would like to find a way to see what is stored there, and if its retrievable, and removable for when I throw out old printers.

i'd be more worried if its a printer/copier type as copiers do have internal memory for the copy image (theres been news stories done about them)

I don't believe those have an internal hard drive, so you should be reasonably secure. The printers you hear about things being retrievable with are those who store images on an internal hard drive, to my understanding.

I don't believe those have an internal hard drive, so you should be reasonably secure. The printers you hear about things being retrievable with are those who store images on an internal hard drive, to my understanding.

This.

The memory in NON HDD based models does not store jobs for very long.

If in extreme doubt, disassemble one to verify that there is no internal HDD.

I'm sure there is no hard drive in it. Its just a basic fax/print/scan set up. My wife prints coupons from manufacturers web sites. They have some web to printer type thing and remember ip addresses so she can't print more than one. I am trying to find out if I can access the stored print job on the printer to allow her to print more than just one.

Its not stored on the printer. It would either be stored in files on the pc, entries in the registry, or server side by logging your ip/mac address/connection information.

Back