• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The dual Morgan is crunching away!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Just got the board and memory in today. CPUs came yesterday.

Looks like it will get two done about every 5.5 hours...quite a bit better than the 7.5 that the dual PIII 1Ghz was getting that got replaced.

Chips seem to be stuck at about 1.1GHz...couldn't get them up anymore than that without some problems. They defaulted at 1.8V, so I may try a voltmod on it later some time.

Kickin' little machine this thing...I like it.

Nice job Jon. Those parts I'm getting from you are being turned into a seti cruncher pretty soon. I only wish I could have my friend crunch some WUs for me. They have 2 dual athlon 1.4 rigs; one with 512mb ram and the other with 1GB. That way you don't need a huge seti fram.

Oh yeh, forgot all about sending you that stuff. Everything got there OK?

Those will make some nice additions as well...The dual XP [email protected] I've got hauls some major *** for sure. Gives me 13-14 a day by itself.

Yodums said:
Cool! Are the Morgans overclocked? Is it a 1gig Morgan?

Yodums

Yeh, wasn't much of an overclock but it's a little bit of one. Still happy with it.

Try taking out each chip to see what they will do. Mayby its just one chip that is holding you back. I would also do the voltmod if you have good cooling.

Jon what day did you ship the stuff out? I think it will be here by the end of the week or by monday.

Last edited:
Last Friday...I guess it will be a few more days. Should be there by this Friday though I would imagine.

I may play around with them individually later on. Didn't expect to get a whole lot out of them to begin with. I just wish I was able to set the memory bus speed on this thing separate from the CPU bus like most boards allow. 110MHz DDR is killing me.

Back