• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a 360 rad for HAF X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trader800

Registered
Hi everyone. I'm looking to build my first WC system. Should get my HAF X in a day or two. I'm looking to put a 360 Rad in it. Any suggestions? It'll be running on a 655 pump cooling a 980x cpu and a mobo water block. Was thinking about Black Ice Stealth (purely for the thinness and the color -red :) ) , but I dunno if it is enuf for this system. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

No way of mounting it in the inside so that's out. Noway on the top so that's out too. Forget the bottom. Not even sure if you can mount it outside with a radbox on the back unless you mount the radbox in the center of the rad. This will have part of the rad over the top.

Not sure what Nebulous is looking at. The HAF X is designed to accept a 360 in the top. A GT Stealth 360 should be enough for a 980x and chipset provided you don't use low speed fans.

Not sure what Nebulous is looking at. The HAF X is designed to accept a 360 in the top. A GT Stealth 360 should be enough for a 980x and chipset provided you don't use low speed fans.

Hmm, maybe because of all the pics I've seen don't show it with a rad installed.: HAF X

I must be looking at it with the wrong eyes :rolleyes:

Also a Stealth GT will not cool the 980X plus anything else unless used with high CFM fans which will defeat the purpose of a quiet WC system.

But then what do I know right?

The stealth rad is stealthy for one reason. It's thin. It's inability to cool and needing LOUD fans makes it a old weak performer. What about a MCR 320 rad? Too thick?

I guess I can't really decide on anything until I get the actual case and measure to see what can fit where :) . what's everyone's taste on a triple rad? i only know feser is good cuz my coworker has it in his system which works great. but i'm alittle concerned about using that since they d/c the product...

I guess I can't really decide on anything until I get the actual case and measure to see what can fit where :) . what's everyone's taste on a triple rad? i only know feser is good cuz my coworker has it in his system which works great. but i'm alittle concerned about using that since they d/c the product...

heyman,

feser's got good stuff but the price/performance ratio is way off unfortunately. skinnee's got some good reviews. do check them out.

wes

I must be looking at it with the wrong eyes :rolleyes:

Of the 20 or so reviews I've read, only one of the reviewers wasn't a complete douchebag, and actually installed a rad:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2381-SF-Technology-Examiner~y2010m5d26-Cooler-Master-HAF-X-Review--Page-2

Sadly, he only had a double. Beats nothing though. I admit defeat on this issue.

What is with reviewers nowadays? So few even bother to install hardware, and an even lesser number actually bother to install a radiator when the case touts it as a feature. Seems there are some seriously worthless people reaching for free hardware and posting up half-assed reviews.

No way of mounting it in the inside so that's out. Noway on the top so that's out too. Forget the bottom. Not even sure if you can mount it outside with a radbox on the back unless you mount the radbox in the center of the rad. This will have part of the rad over the top.
The HAF X does fit a 360 rad internally up top...I thought the same thing unti l I was pointed to this FLASH about it (click on features).

Keep an eye out for a overclockers.com review on that case by mid july... WITH a 360 rad....................;)

Of the 20 or so reviews I've read, only one of the reviewers wasn't a complete douchebag, and actually installed a rad:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2381-SF-Technology-Examiner~y2010m5d26-Cooler-Master-HAF-X-Review--Page-2

Sadly, he only had a double. Beats nothing though. I admit defeat on this issue.

What is with reviewers nowadays? So few even bother to install hardware, and an even lesser number actually bother to install a radiator when the case touts it as a feature. Seems there are some seriously worthless people reaching for free hardware and posting up half-assed reviews.

Speaking of strange reviewers, have you seen reviewers doing coolant reviews? One of them had the audacity to compare the reviewed coolant to distilled water (best coolant for wc. ever.) mixed with soap. You can guess who was lining his pockets.

Wes

Ahh, that's why I didn't find it. Me thinks it could be possible to install a 320 internally ontop, but it looks like you'll have to hack up the top metal bracket(s) to make it fit.

Hopefully upcoming review in mid July will show it :)

Back