• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network Pumpkin Syndrome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimblor

I have an unusual network problem. My network freezes up right around midnight. This usually happens when I am playing COD on my Xbox360 which is annoying and usually results in a migration error or something that kicks me out of the game. This ALWAYS happens every night at midnight.

I have a WRT56G Router connected to my Webstar cable modem. The router is connected to a 5 port Linksys Gigabit switch. This is connected to the xbox, ps2, and other things. Nothing else is on with the xbox.

Anyone have any ideas what is happening or how to prevent it from choking at midnight?

The DHCP is enabled and Client Lease Time is set to 0 which is one day. I guess that is the problem. What should I set it to in order to avoid this problem with the hanging?

Some routers will let you set it as high as 999 days. If there's a "Static DHCP" option, use that instead, to give it an infinite lease on one IP.

Thanks!!! I reset it to 9999 minutes which is about a week.

Back