• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unallocated space?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobydoo

Just came back to my pc to find that one of my storage disks is now "unallocated". I reinitialized it, then restarted, but now it just shows an unformatted partition.

It is an external usb case with two 1tb samsungs and still shows it has 1.8tb of space so both drives are working

Is there any way to recover them or did I just lose 2tb of movies?

My Seagate Freeagent did this to me...

Just try unplugging the unit from the USB and removing the power as well. Reboot the PC, and plug the power in to the unit and the USB connector.

I hope that works!

If you already re-initialized them, the data may be lost, but try Earthdog's idea before you get upset. It might be fine and simply be a Usb controller issue.

I'm having a similar problem now. To work around it, I am currently copying data off using Puppy Linux (since I have no clue how to use any other distribution :p).

Thanks for the help, but its gone

I unplugged, rebooted, even swapped the cable from the working one and all I see is an unformatted drive

My movie collection is all screwed now, I lost every movie from I-Z

LOL, wholly carp

I typed that response, then went back into "my computer" and the drive is there

Sure glad I didnt format and repartition right away

Capture.JPG

Back