• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5770 Cf oc settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fores

Hello all!
Im new here and got some questions on the ASUS HD 5770 CuCore.
I got 2 of these in my system and want to oc them.
Should i use CCC or SmartDoctor to oc?
And if any have some good settings for the oc.

//Fores

Well i did some testing:
Seems the clock speed on the graphics card are affected of the base clock speed on the mb.
When i had no oc on my mb (baseclock 200) then i could run gpus at 910-1251 at 82C°
When i had oc on my mb (baseclock 220) then i could run gpus at 850-1225 at 93C°, hyperdrive on
Base speed is 850-1200 on gpu.
SO i guess i cant oc my gpu if my mb is oc for faster cpu :bang head

That doesn't really make much sense. The only thing I can think of that would cause that issue would be your power supply. If you're raising the speeds/voltages of your processor and or ram, then your power usage goes up. If you do that to both your gpu's and your cpu, your psu might not be able to handle it. The heat could just be a side effect of your cpu putting out more heat.

Ya was thinking of getting a 1000W psu, but i messured the W on the power to the computer and it shows max 400W. the real Wattage on the psu are roughly 0.8*600 = 480W ithink. som maby im cutting it close.

Could you try doing an experiment for me? Overclock your cpu via the multiplier to roughly the same speed and see if your gpu clocks are hindered still.

ill try it right away, btw i just orded a 1000w psu. be back with my test result :)

Hi again :)
PSU i ordered is: http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=3&prod=29
I read loads of test and it a good psu 80+ and it fits my Fractal Design case :)

Wow now i have been working on my case fans and so on.
Found the optimal flow i hope, well lovest temps anyway..

I use multiplyer 19 that means the cpu goes in 3,8Ghz at 1,4v and i set my mems to 1600Mhz at 1,8v (base settings for mem and cpu in volt)
When i run OCCT in linpack mode for 20min i reach stable 59C° on the cpu. (38C° idle)

But i think i found i fault in one of my gpus...
I stress test with FurMark(Multi gpu)
At no oc, 850-1200 1,2v CrossFire
At idle they are 38C° and 42C°.
Full load 74C° and 102C°!

So i was thinking ok maby the air flow differ... so i tested them one at the time:
At no oc, 850-1200 1,2v
Same idle 38C° and 42C°.
Full load 83C° and 93C°.
Hmm 10C° more on identical setup and cards...
I also notice the temp on the 2nd card rise faster too...
Going to ask ASUS about this.

Look at the screener...(big picture)
http://hem.bredband.net/b546101/mypc/gputemp.jpg
Wierd that furmark repports one temp and gpu-z another, but i belive gup-z sina the fan spinns up almost emediately, and when the gpu hits 100C° ist starts acting strange look at gpu-z bars. must be some thing wrong with the second gpu.

Room temp 22C°

So at these high temps i dont think i can oc the gpus at all :mad:

Last edited:
Yep, i took off the cooler on the high temp card.
The cu core was not plain it was a bit high in the middle.:shock:
I used a razor to cut off the exesive cu and now they show same temp :)

I wish there comes a water cooling for this card soon.

Now i just w8 for my new psu then im going to see what i can take out of this computer.

I don't believe that is a reference card. The "reference" means that it is a card straight Amd and hasn't been changed. Most companies make a non-reference version so they can include a different cooler.

To be honest I have 5770's in CF and I cant' really OC them at all. Anything past stock and i lose performance on them. But as I OC'd my processor their scores got drastically better, so I've left them at 850/1200. Someone told me that CF doesn't like to be OC'd on some cards.. maybe thats our problem ?

ya maby, im w8ting for a better psu then i test again.
when i just had one gpu i could oc it to 910-1310 np

what temps do you have on your cards decoste007xt at full load?

to ChanceCoats123
oki thx then these damn cards sucks then, had them for a week now.
465$ down the drain :/

Last edited:
It's not down the drain, but that's the exact reason I did so much research on my 5850 before I purchase. One I will get only a reference one and from a good brand. :thup:

Just wanted to show the cooler from the inside.
The arrow points at the area on the copper part the was raised.
I read on internet that quite a few ppl had high temps problems, maby this is one explanation..
I simply cut off the raised part ( lol took a while) so it became totaly flat, added new tim AS5, that fixed my problem :)
5770.JPG

Nop it looks the same just a little part of the cu core was raised in the middle, im talking fo very little raise.
Here is a rough picture showing wat i did, it shows the middle part, the cu core from the side. The red part shows the raise (not so mutch in rl, maby 0.5mm). green thing is my razor knife :)
cucore.jpg

Back