• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone in NFS:World beta?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doz

Anyone played this yet? Still undecided as to whether I will get it with Hot Pursuit coming in November.

Its kinda fun to play though, I dunno. I need a wheel :D

i am in the beta and its cool i dont think i will buy it though
i have only played an hour and so far it seems like you just do races and buy stuff. so idk

I tried it for like an hour when I first got in, nothing special, you can drive around the cities to find races, then get money and bonuses for long chases and lots of destruction, and eventually I think you gain a new level.

I am, thanks to another forum member. Playing with a xbox360 ctrl'er. Not sold yet.

Yeah, Im not sold yet either. Id like to get a steering wheel and pedals. I used to love racing games w/ a good wheel. Ive since gotten away from that and kinda miss it. Once EA killed Motor City Online, I got mad................

so does the beta only last for a day or two?

the first go around, i played it once and went back 2 days later and it didnt work.

this time around I downloaded it but havent had time to play and i just tried to play and it didnt work?

yeah they chuck a new beta on every few days or so.
i tried it out about a month ago. it probably wasn't that good because there were very few people playing the beta.
it'll be an orgy-fest when the actual game becomes available. i like to call it WoW but NFS Style :santa:

you don't have to pay for the whole game.
it's free until level 10, and if you want to advance to a higher level you gotta pay the $20 or so USD? :shrug:

you don't have to pay for the whole game.
it's free until level 10, and if you want to advance to a higher level you gotta pay the $20 or so USD? :shrug:

This is what has confused me with the game. I played the beta and thought it was lacking in depth then was looking around their site and got the feeling that you buy the game for 20$ get 20$ in speedboost with that purchase and that the model for them to make money is to convince you into micro transactions for speedboost. if it's a 20$ initial investment and basically F2P after that it's not a bad game. Otherwise it's a do not want mmo for me.

played it for a few hours on friday..then after that i wasnt able to connect anymore. The lil loader thing said they were haveing server issues which i suspect is bcause its a beta. Personally i didnt feel very mmo. You do races against real people, but that doesnt really feel like real people cause after the race thats it, and the running from cops is super easy to end, even if you get to the level 3 heat. Thats as far as i got it, maybe it get harder at higher levels but i couldnt get anything past level. Overall the game was boring.

Back