• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Medal of Honor beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
some issues id liek to warn you about
dont use the chat in game(the u button) it will lock your keys up and you wont beable to chat haha.
so far its fun its hard to kill people its like mw2 and bc2 mixed together
edit. plugged my new headset and play this and the sounds in this game is epic

Last edited:
Any way to get a beta key without pre-ordering this game that comes out in like 4 months lol

I somehow got a beta key sent to me from EA for free lol..

But i agree, this game is epic. Looks like im going to need a bigger screen though, its hard to see those campers and I dont think a 19" is doing it anymore

o another you get a beta was to buy the special edition BC2 and have activated the secret code it came with

So far it seems like a really cool game. The one gripe I have about it is the perma-zoom when you right click. I am so used to holding the RMB to zoom and let it go when you want to return to normal view that it is taking me a while to change over.

peperonikiller; said:
Looks like im going to need a bigger screen though, its hard to see those campers and I dont think a 19" is doing it anymore

I used my 42" LCD TV on it and :drool:

entered it when you first loaded the game..i had it on ps3 so if you got it on pc idk

I got a beta key in my email also.

I cant believe they want 60 bux for a bc2 engine mod that plays like the twisted retarded offspring of a bc2/mw2 baby.

Maybe FORTY MAYBE, if its actually good by oct. Kabal ruins sucks, I may as well be playing COD on that crappy map. The other map is pretty good.

I got a beta key in my email also.

I cant believe they want 60 bux for a bc2 engine mod that plays like the twisted retarded offspring of a bc2/mw2 baby.

Maybe FORTY MAYBE, if its actually good by oct. Kabal ruins sucks, I may as well be playing COD on that crappy map. The other map is pretty good.

yeah I am passing on this , no interest what so ever...

I've returned to my true FPS love , that being TF2, where I can collect hats and be a happy camper. :cool:

Anybody interested in playing the beta can now sign up at fileplanet for a key. You do need to be registered however premium isnt necessary, well depending on how quickly you would like the beta to download...

Also Available on PS3

**Edit** after a few minutes of piddling and arguing with Comrade I decided to shut down steam and voila my downoads finally started instead of saying paused while in game. Just a little tidbit incase you experience the same problems.

Last edited:
I got my key for free, no pre-order here. Just ask and they give.

I like it, but it's SO much like BC2, that I can't help but feel like it's the same game with different textures. And technically, it is. The upgrade system is pretty much identical. Basically, the new MOH is to BC2 what Alpha Protocal is to Mass Effect. Same game, different "universe". I applaud the effort, and I enjoy seeing the changes made and improvements along the way, but I'm tired of all these safe moves.

When are developers going to have the testicular fortitude to take risks and be bold. Do something different! Look at Rockstar. People thought they were crazy. $100,000,000 on a Western title? And it had it's issues during development too, but just look at it, that game is the definition of Epic, and it all started with an idea that most companies would've thrown off the table before it was finished being written down. HL2 is a good example too. I would've probably given up if I was in Valves shoes during all their embarrassing fiasco's, but they stuck with it, and shocked the world when HL2 hit.

Bah... the more the merrier I guess. I won't be buying it though. I already have BC2. But if the single player campaign is amazing, like REALLY good, then I might give it a go.

It's like BC2 because it's using the FROST engine which is also what BC2 uses. Although I'm quite glad they are starting to use newer engines, rather than keep using the UDK or some other widely used engine. I might get this game but only because I've been a sucker for MOH ever since the good old Medal of Honor:Allied Assault days ;)

Look at Rockstar. People thought they were crazy. $100,000,000 on a Western title? And it had it's issues during development too, but just look at it, that game is the definition of Epic, and it all started with an idea that most companies would've thrown off the table before it was finished being written down.

It's just a well polished re-imagining of GTA in a new era/setting and one they had tried before with moderate success [the last Red Dead title came out a few years back and sold 1.5 million].

I noticed that MoH is starting to look and feel a lot like Bad Company 2 (Frost engine ftw) and a CoD MW:2 clone (not so good). Don't get me wrong, MoH has a lot of great things going for it but i feel it is trying to hard to topple the MW:2 market.

I feel like a mime in a box while playing MoH unfortunately. It looks like Bad Company, plays like MW:2 (reg wise), yet only has a dime of movable space in the maps provided in the demo. In my opinion, i would have liked to see EA/Dice continue support for BC2 (yes i know about Vietnam!!).

Back