• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Issue with GTS 250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Networker4321

Hello, and thanks for having me. I am a newb here but can assure you I am NOT a noob!

I have 10 rigs folding at F@H. All built by me. :blah:

I have an old GTS 250 running under Vista (32 bit ) while I while I wait on the RMA ATI 4890 to get back. Dual core Intel 2160 @ 1.80Ghz, 4GB OZR, 320GB Seagate, CoolerMaster case, Seagate 1TB USB ( mirrored ) so 500,,,,

Can't get the shader above 1836. Or the core above 738 ( mem is at 1100 ) Fan is not bad at 100%, 57C.

Is the core holding back the shaders? Using EVGA Precision (this was my first ever build ) to OC.

Any input associated. Thinking about pulling my folding over here. My other group only has about 21 active folders and 400+ members.

Thanks,

Unlink the shaders from the core and leave the core at/about stock for [email protected] should be able to run the shader higher.

Just noticed, logging in for a littl evening education, that you are the Intel / mobo moderator. Getting ready to get into New Egg, I have my build list ready for a new rig.

My intent is to buy the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9. I have it set as wallpaper on one machine and it's hard to take my eyes off of it.

What do you know, have heaed about this mobo?

And, if I am not abusing this post too much, I have a GTX 295 nVidia runiing another danged Gromac V2 WU but GPU0 is only folding at 74%, about 5K PPD where it always folds around 8K. And the temp is up to 75C. GPU1 is folding at around 8K but iis at 73C.

Should I quiecse this lady and let her chill out for a while?

Thanks Earthdog

Not a mod, just a content editor for that section. :)

If Im not mistaking that is their flagship model. But sadly thats all I know about it. I hear good things though.

Your point differences may be from different WU's. NOt sure though.

Back