• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Placing an image at the top of this theme? Noob question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

http://ps2cho.net/

I would love to get an image that stretches across the header of this page as the site looks pretty bland otherwise.
I have pretty much no experience with html other than the bare basics.

How can I figure out how to get an image up there?

Am I concentrating on the header.php document? Or something else?

Thanks guys!

A single image would work fine. As long as I can figure out the dimensions to make it right in that space...

Again, I'm not good at this stuff...

A single image would work fine. As long as I can figure out the dimensions to make it right in that space...

Again, I'm not good at this stuff...

So..wordpress huh?

Do you want to replace the text on top with an image? Or put an image above that(moving everything down)?

Either way, its pretty cake.

(Note: Mini-tutorial incoming...)

1. Open up firefox, go to tools then addons. Search for 'web developer'. Install and restart the browser (image).

2. Navigate to your site (ps2cho.net) and click on miscellaneous in the toolbar above. Then click 'Display Ruler'. (image)

3. Highlight the area you want to replace/add to/whatever. Look on the toolbar, the width and height of the box you created shows you the related dimensions (image). Write that down. Thats the size the image will need to be. I measured 906px by 108px. The real size is probably something like 905px by 108px.

So we got some basic information now. Create the image in photoshop, gimp or whatever you like.

Uploading the image to your server is different depending on your skills. You can either upload it (via ftp/sftp) to a path in your theme folder ('wp-content/themes/drochilli/images') or you can upload it in the wordpress admin area.

Either way, you are going to need the URL of the image.

Next step would be to open header.php and stick either an img tag in there or a div tag using css to set the background.

Last edited:
Back