• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lexmark driver problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rickmiss

My lexmark multifunction printer x6675 was functioning fine. Accidentally the driver was uninstalled. Since then I have tried to install it using the driver downloaded from Lexmark's website. So far it will not install correctly. My os is Windows Vista 64 and it's on a homenetwork. My laptop is wirelessly connected to the printer. Even thought I have uninstalled the previous printer software, my network still shows the printer. What's happening?

Go in and make sure that the driver is gone, manually. Could still be in the reg. Browse out to where the driver installs itself and make sure everything is gone. As well as in the Reg. If that fails, system restore that *****.

Uninstall the the Lexmark printer software by clicking on the Windows logo Start button > Programs > Lexmark 6600 Series folder > Tools > Uninstall. Then restart pc. For the software, download the driver using this link: http://bit.ly/a48R9k. Download and install the driver. Hope this helps.

Back