• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best old PC game ever... X-COM: UFO Defense

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

Holy crap I just nabbed my old copy of this game that I once played long ago. I love this game and I had just forgotten just how much I loved it. :p Anyone else have it? I love the concept of killing the aliens and taking their weapons and researching them for your own use. Man it's great.:D :beer:

Oh, GOD YES!!! A KINDRED!

I love that game. That game just...oh, I love that game!

I recently bought the upgraded version that works with Win98, but it won't work with GeForce2 cards, since it uses VESA 2.0 standards and the GeForce2 cards won't work with that. Which makes me cry myself to sleep. But if I could find a way to run it, I would be oh so happy!

I've forgotten to mention that X-COM: Terror From the Deep is still just as good even though it is exactly the same as UFO Defense, just underwater. Then there's X-COM: Apocalypse, another great game and a lot harder than the first 2 (in my opinion). I've never played the new ones that are in (gasp!) 3D if I remember right.:D :beer:

I didn't like Terror as much as UFO Defense, the research tree seemed kinda screwy.

Loads of fun for both games though, especially when you were down to your last soldier on a terror mission.

Back