• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

huge vcore spike in OCCT graph

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stowenrat

As you can see the Vcore is totally stable at 1.38 except for a couple of HUGE spikes......time to worry? :shock:

Speedfan, CPU-Z and HWmonitor do not record the spikes so I am thinking there is a problem with OCCT, when I start OCCT it does give a warning about running cpu-z at the same time can cause errors in the readings. So hopefully that is the problem.

fe1gfk.png.jpg

Shouldn't something die if a spike like that actually occurred?
My GPU was giving random spikes of similar magnitude. After re-installing W7 the spikes seemed to go away.

I'm going with a glitch.

Shouldn't something die if a spike like that actually occurred?
My GPU was giving random spikes of similar magnitude. After re-installing W7 the spikes seemed to go away.

I'm going with a glitch.

Yea, me too. Thanks. :)

Paul,

Are these spikes reflected in HWMonitor maxes? I'm not sure if your opening post answered that question 'cause I'm not sure if a max reading in HWMonitor is the same as a spike.

Not reflected in HWmon, no. I assume it would be recoreded as a max....

I have decided not to worry about it...for now. lol :)

I think I corrupted Windows with some bad overclocking crashes so I re-installed and the spikes have gone.....weird.

2m2tkr9.png.jpg

It seems random for me :p
Sometimes even now I'll turn on my comptuer and the Prec reading on my CPU says the memory usage is sometimes in the terrabytes worth!

Good to know it's just a glitch though.

Back