• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Psu dead as a dodo!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dougie2k5

i was installing a game which it did successfully and i was inputting new controls etc and my pc died just shut down. I believe its my psu although the power light is on my mobo it wont boot infact there is no life at all . my psu was red hot and i could smell some burning coming from the psu. Now assuming im right what psu should i go for my specs are on my sig , any help would be much appreciated.

i was looking at this one - Xigmatek NRP-PC602 600W . Is this enough. i ve only got 60 quid.

Thanks went for it in the end. Got the Thermaltake Evo Blu Series 750w, cost a bit more than id planned to spend but i think its worth it in the long run, anyway thanks arcanise, you gave me the shove i needed.

I recommend a power supply from either Corsair or Seasonic. You'd be spending extra but the most important thing in your system is the power supply!

Yeah, not sure about the quality of the xigmatek PSU's... you could be in the same boat....

Back