• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.: PROJECTile :.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OverClockedCPU

:comp:
.: PROJECTile :.

:welcome:
Hello! I am new here, registered to get help for building my future PC (not only) for GAMING, GAME STREAMING -> LAN PARTY with 1 PLASMA/1-5 HD-Ready LCDs, BUSINESS: RENDERING FOR CASH/WEBSERVER/AUTOCAD

And my PROJECTile will be based on:

QUAD-G34 SOCKET MOBO's - 700/1000USD (256GB ECC/64GB RAM SUPPORT VS 512GB ECC/128GB RAM)
CPU: 4x Opteron X12 2.4GHz - 4x1200USD= 4800USD (sic!) (i saw some company reselled those X12 for ~800USD but I cant remember the website)
*what Cooling for this CPUs to OC'ed em easy to 4.0GHz?)
RAM: PATRIOT Signature 8x 4GB DDR3 1333 ECC new (8x300USD=2400) or 4 pairs of GEIL 4GB DDR3 1333 Non-ECC from my old PC and buy additional 4 pairs for 800 bucks?
GPU:
*And third: go crapVidia Tesla series or craPdeon 5xxx series or FireGL series or buy newest hot 480GTX?
HDD: Solved = from old PC: dual SSD X25 80GB + dual 2TB HDD's
CASE: Solved = Homemade not so ugly aluminium with airspray art from local tatoo maker ;)
PSU: Solved= I just have buyed two of em.
PLAYSTATION3: Solved= YES, with 80GB SSD MOD, LINUX/STREAMING SOFT. INSTALLED, READY FOR TAKE OFF ;)

USD to spend so far without GPU and cooling: (minimum:4700 / maximum: 8200 USD :chair:)
Budget: 10.000 USD

And I know :pics: but I'll post em if I build the machine or If I want to post.

Regards

Last edited:
You are spending this kinda money and the best HDD you put in it is the X25?.....

Are you being realistic with this build or just trolling.... You plan to overclock on a board that supports 4 cpu's as well to 4ghz? Come on dude...

I think its possible... my friend does that at dual-F CPUs mobo...
and I`m ain't wasting time on trolling:
Mobo has SAS2 support but I don't wanna spend too much right here... I`ll have more cash in August because I`ll get the cash from tax clearing so I can buy extra HDDs.

Back