• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mounting res, no holes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sean W.

hey guys, i wanna mount this res tomy HAF X in the area with the yellow circle, anyone know how i can mount it with out drilling any holes? i just spend $240 on this case, and dont want to go drilling holes in it.

sidewindercomputers_2111_40992914

wiremanagment-1.jpg

go buy a bag of zipties and make something work, just make sure its oriented right.

yea that as the only idea i had. i was just wondering if there was some kind of genius solution

Velcro if you wanna live dangerously...glue if its permanent...now you've got me thinking. You could use nuts and bolts if you happen to have some fortuitously placed holes, but chances are slim. Let someone smarter than me give you a better answer...

what are these right here?

If those are holes but not spaced in the right size you could Zip Tie the res there maybe.

wiremanagment-1.jpg

When I mounted that same res in my old 900 I used 1 screw on top (any random hole) and zip tied the bottom (yet another random hole) until I finally decided to drill a new hole that lined up right.

oh hey ! i didnt even see those holes, ill be getting all the parts i need for the H50 mod and ill see where those holes line up to the resevior, if it fits perfectly this case will be ever more awesome

I am willing to bet those holes will line up... or damn close to it. Can't tell from the pic but the spacing looks about right for that micro res.

it looks like the are to far away from the edge for the holes to match up :/

EDIT: i took the side of my case off and i really dont think those holes are for a res. but like i siad, i will put the res up to it when i get it and see how it works out

Or get some kind of bracket from home depot / hardware store to extend it a bit to use those holes if you are dead set against a new set of holes.

But think of it like this.... If you ever sell it you can say " CUSTOM MOD FOR MOUNTING A RES!!!! " :)

Back