• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB drivers break after restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evo_ski

Registered
Recently I have been running into a usb driver problem. Everything was running fine and then all of a sudden after a restart all the usb ports would not function. I can go into device manager and click uninstall on all of them and they will work just fine after the restart re-installs them automatically, but then they fail with error code 10 again when I restart a second time. So basically they will only work once, and then I have to redo it every time I restart. I have tried deleting the lower filter entries in the registry as per Microsoft support team personnel on a forum post of the same problem and this did not work either. I am starting to think that my mobo is now bad. I am running all of the most current drivers.

I listed my externals and everything because someone said sometimes issues like these are due to not enough power, but I doubt that is the case. I am running both 120mm cpu fans, front 80mm and front 120 off the mobo and the rear 120 off the molex.

The problem seemed to start after I installed 4 more gb of ram to fill all four slots in my mobo, but I am not sure if that could have been the cause.

I have tried using a system restore to when everything was fine and this did nothing.

1. Would putting the system disc in and selecting repair possibly install these drivers properly again?
2. Would a full system format and clean install fix it? (definitely rather not do this)
3. Would updating the bios possibly fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Back