• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software for new PC business (questions)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

I'm just starting a small PC repair and maintenance business and am wondering what software all of you use that's ideal for this line of work. I am just gathering useful information at this point. What's worked for you?

Plus, if there are any suggestions in general about useful Windows-based software for PC repair businesses.

what sorta stuff are you looking to do? Like virus removal and the like? If so your best bet is to get some type of bootable cd that can update and run various virus removal programs.

To build on what nd4spdbh2 said:

There are several types of software you will likely use for your type of business:

1. Business and accounting software
  2. Software for PC repair and analysis
  3. Software for the creation of business graphics and advertising materials
  4. Software for internal and external correspondence/Office tasks

Please indicate the type(s) of software you're interested in and we'll advise accordingly.

I'm looking largely at this point for software for PC repair and maintenance.

Also, is it wise to own a copy of XP, Vista and Windows 7 when in the PC business?

For a test PC to replicate the problems on, possibly.

Or how would one in the business go about reinstalling Windows on a corrupted system the simplest way? Or does a customer need recovery disks at all times?

depending on who your customers are. all of our customers buy there computers from either Dell, or us (HP machines) which of course come with an OEM copy and a Key on the side of the machine. Best thing is to have a DELL and HP restore disk and anyone else for that matter..

We have an acronis image with XP and Office on it stock. we use that with no issues.

Back