• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel CPU i3,i5,i7 demystified (comparison table) incl. price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blazing fire

Intel has a myriad of i3, i5, i7 CPUs. To make matters worse, there are various Bus/Core Ratios, Cores and threads within each family. Intel also replaced a number of "old" CPUs. As a result, the whole lineup is overly complicated... So I took the effort to tabulate all these data into a microsoft excel spreadsheet. It includes the CPU model, Native frequency, Bus/Core Ratio, number of Cores and threads, price, Lithography (nm) and cache. Hopefully, you will find it less confusing after viewing it.

Note that LGA 1156-Lynnfield uses P55 chipset, while LGA 1366-Bloomfield uses X58 chipset.

For reference purposes:http://ark.intel.com/

PS: Do help me check for errors or outdated information. I will try my best to update it as frequently as possible. Also, am I right to say that i5 - 750 is the CPU that has the best bank for the buck?

Attachments

• Intel CPU i3,i5,i7 (comparison table).jpg
    Intel CPU i3,i5,i7 (comparison table).jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 27,697
  • Intel i3, i5, i7.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Yep, 980X 6C/12T.

Also, you may want to mention in the "Bus/Core Ratio" column whether a CPU has its multiplier unlocked or not.

"tripple" should be "triple" :D

You should do it on google docs or something, it will be much easier to update...

You might want to add what the latest stepping is.

Thanks for your replies! I've corrected the typo error and 980x info. :)

Also, you may want to mention in the "Bus/Core Ratio" column whether a CPU has its multiplier unlocked or not.
You might want to add what the latest stepping is.
Those are good ideas. I think it's important to let them know whether the CPU multiplier is unlocked too. However, where can I find it? :)

Last edited:
Back