• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iexpore.exe Isues [Virus/Trojan?]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angel-of-Sorrow

Iexpore.exe Issues [Solved]

So, unsure where it came from. I sat down at my computer and after a while I noticed my sound kept giving out. After turning it back on I started hearing I.E. clicks in the background and after viewing what processes were running and killing them I realized there is something forcibly turning on I.E. in the background.

I've run multiple virus searches and none of them have caught it and I've tried searching everywhere on information and can never find a straight answer for the life of me. At the moment I'm considering a reformat but I figured I'd ask those of you who are way better at these things then I am if you have any possible insight or help to give.

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
Listing your system spec's might be helpful, including the OS you're running. And by "I.E. clicks" I assume you're referring to the forward and back navigation sounds in Internet Explorer?

Yes, that sound.
Also, sorry, new to asking about these things. I haven't had any problems like this in years. Also, I just got a window pop up randomly. First time a visual window has been present.

Edit: Note- It also messes with the volume on my computer and constantly shuts it off.

Windows XP 32bit.
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Also, unsure what specs you are asking for, so if the following is not it, feel free to correct me, especially since it probably not what you're asking for. lol

Intel core 2 duo 6400 @ 2.13ghz
2GB ram

Last edited:
Disregard thread. I believe I was able to rid it from my computer. Seems to no longer be a problem. If in the near future it appears I'll ask for help again. Thanks though, redduc.

Back