• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 460 REVIEWS OUT!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
looks like the 460 1gb is slightly better than the 465!!! and the 768 is about the same or just slightly under the 465...

Looks to me like we have a new 8800gt on our hands (refering back to the day when the 8800gt came out and was much less than the 8800gts 640 but was better)

One question... where would a GTX260 192 be compared to these cards?

looks like the 460 1gb is slightly better than the 465!!! and the 768 is about the same or just slightly under the 465...

Looks to me like we have a new 8800gt on our hands (refering back to the day when the 8800gt came out and was much less than the 8800gts 640 but was better)

One question... where would a GTX260 192 be compared to these cards?

I'd say the GTX460 1G is a 30% boost over the 260.

Looks like a decent card, amazing overclocker! Surprising how effective the cooler is, it is quiet and keeps the card very cool. Looks like this is what the 465 should have been...

really thats it? even the older 192 version?

I guess ill hold on to my space heater... i mean gtx260 longer... still havnt overclocked it at all.

Yeah, until we start seeing an ABUNDANCE of Directx11 (or 10 for that matter) games... there's really no need to upgrade.

I just started playing my first game (the always demanding Mass Effect 1) at 1920x1080 and my 260 216 just laughed at it.

Yeah, until we start seeing an ABUNDANCE of Directx11 (or 10 for that matter) games... there's really no need to upgrade.

I just started playing my first game (the always demanding Mass Effect 1) at 1920x1080 and my 260 216 just laughed at it.

+1 on dat!

I'm still holding on to my relic 9800GX2 which still has cojones. Hasn't flinched yet with everything I've tossed at it. Doesn't even make sense throwing $$ away other than the bragging rights.

They are $229 at Newegg (1gig) and 199 for the 700mb verson

Edit: Also can someone tell me what specific feature on the 470 gives is such a big advantage in metro 2030? Extra memory? Cuda cores?

Last edited:
I agree with everything said in here. This is THE midrange card to get. I see it touching the same scores as a 5850 in some benchies.
From what I have seen, its on par, or faster than a 285 in non DX11 stuff.
Hopefully this will bring huge price drops to the GTX200 series, so I can expand my collection.

Its the new go to card. I am extremely impressed with it. :D

I REALLY want to see SLI and OC SLI benchies on these. MONSTERS. If you get two $230 cards and SLI them, its cheaper than a GTX480 and beats it.

-D

Its the new go to card. I am extremely impressed with it. :D

I REALLY want to see SLI and OC SLI benchies on these. MONSTERS. If you get two $230 cards and SLI them, its cheaper than a GTX480 and beats it.

-D

By far. Also blows the doors off the 5970 and even 5870 in crossfire, in some games.

This will prolly be what I'll replace my 8800GT with. I might even get two...hmm. I never dipped into SLI/Xfire b/c of the scaling, but it looks like they have over 80% scaling...which is pretty good.

Looking at non-OC 1920x1200 Crysis, it's (61.5-33.8)/33.8 = 82%, then OCing gives you a further 10% increase. So, single stock vs SLI OC'd will give you 92% scaling. This is me trying to convince myself to SLI...lol.

Last edited:
This will prolly be what I'll replace my 8800GT with. I might even get two...hmm. I never dipped into SLI/Xfire b/c of the scaling, but it looks like they have over 80% scaling...which is pretty good.

Looking at non-OC 1920x1200 Crysis, it's (61.5-33.8)/33.8 = 82%, then OCing gives you a further 10% increase. So, single stock vs SLI OC'd will give you 92% scaling. This is me trying to convince myself to SLI...lol.

Last I heard, this was the GPU they'll be basing the next dually card on, might want to wait and see if it pops out :beer:

Back