• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC no power?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaathreat

Registered
Lo guys, as some of you might have read in the Intel MB section of the forums I have recently bought a new MB, after spending all of Saturday trying to get it to power up I gave up. The cpu and case fans would come on for half a second and then die I double checked all my connections tried a different PSU with no luck.

So today I phonned up the place I bought it from and im going to send it back for some testing and possibly a new board if it is faulty. My problem is I have now rebuilt my system again today using my old MB which I know did work before replacing it on Saturday and my PC wont start? Ive tried only connecting the MB and HD up to the PSU with no luck, again tried a different PSU and checked the power switch connectors on the board with no luck, also I carefully used a screw driver to jump the 2 power pins on the board incase it was the case power switch and stil nothing.

I am really running out of ideas now and starting to worry, any help and I would be gratefull.

I just want to ask a dumb question did you check the 4 pin connector and make sure it's the one for CPU and also 24 pin connector.

Also pull all your memory except for one stick and try to boot.

If that does not work check the CPU for missing contact pads or socket for bent pins.

Yes I have plugged in the 4 pin cpu connector in with no luck as I say it was all working until I put the new MB in found out its fualty and then rebuilt everything using the old board, I have also tried 1 stick of memory which didnt work :(.

Fixed, the board was shorting on the case :( and I sent my new MB back for an RMA for no reason, double :bang head.

WoW glade you found the problem, to bad I was concentrating on the wrong simple things to check.

Pro tip, always test the mobo outside the case with the cpu, heatsink, psu, video card and one stick of memory. See if you get the usual little *BEEP* we're all familiar with.

Pro tip, always test the mobo outside the case with the cpu, heatsink, psu, video card and one stick of memory. See if you get the usual little *BEEP* we're all familiar with.

Well said, that was one of the last things I tried.

The list of things I did before I should have tested the MB out of the case..

Double checked all plugs.
Jumped the case power switch.
Tried 2 different working PSU's.
Pulled battery to clear BIOS.
Removed GFX card, memory and unplugged DVD.

Back