• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How the heck do you reattach a macbook keyboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myststix

Disabled
Ok, so I have this Fall 2009 Macbook, with the internal keyboard connector unattached. For the LIFE of me, I can't figure out how to reattach it to the motherboard. See pic below...

DSC01692.JPG

it was just pressed in it seems, may require a special tool to reattach it..

Last edited:
your pics not working :(

i haven't opened up my current macbook pro yet (same era as your macbook) but if its anything like the old powerbook connectors it was just a ribbon cable with a nub on the end that simply pushed into a recessed socket. little force was required. and the only special tool needed was a thumb ;)

if that didnt help, these guys have done me well for disassemble guides on macs

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/mac-repair.php

It looks like you might have snapped off the tab bit that goes over the ribbon cable that holds it in place.

You can probably just put some tape over the top of it since the connection bits are on the bottom :)

If it's anything at all like most laptops, it should just be a ZIF connector... open the gate, slide the cable in, close the gate.

I think you might have a missing gate though... if so, just put some tape on it.

Back