• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1100 watt sli/cross ready $99.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Meh. Not sure about the OEM, but I cant imagine a $99 1.1kw PSU is good or could put out anywhere near its rating..

Xion PowerReal 1100W
Product Page

Horvat's Powered:
Motherboard-----Gigabyte X58 UD5
CPU/voltage------Core i7 920 @4.2Ghz vcore 1.3625
GPU----------------3 x EVGA GTX 285 01G-P3-1180-AR
RAM----------------3 x 2 GB OCZ XMP 1600mhz 1.64v
HDD----------------WD 74GB 10,000 RPM Raptor
Fans/cooling------Cooler Master V8, stock case fans Antec 902 case
Other---------------N/A
Notes---------------Folding Rig
Verdict--------------FAILED in 20 minutes
I'll pass.

review from newegg customers good and anywhere else I go, I am going to run my system which only required 500 watts from the antec calculator so I should be good it rates at 85% efficient so even 85% of 1100 is good! :)

Newegg reviews are worthless.

Efficiency doesnt work that way either bro. For example an 85% efficiency PSU at 1kw would be pulling 1150W from the wall. You dont take its output away b/c of efficiency. ;)

Unless [h] or jonnyguru reviewed this or comes in and stamps their approval, a $99 1.1kw PSU is likely crap.

o... damn heh, well I hope its works at least at 55% lol I was using a 500 earthwatt antec PSU but i need more power.

I love how the efficiency says "up to 85%" kinda like how Comcast advertises their speeds will go up to a certain advertised amount.

All companies do that. They are saying that A. it depends on the total power draw from the psu and B. the temperature in which the psu is running. Higher temps means less efficient. Example, running the psu in a 90*F room would probably not achieve the 85% efficiency while running it in a 65*F room most likely would. :shrug:

And Ps. The ratings from comcast are most often area dependant. Old homes with poor wiring, a bad modem, poor neighborhood wiring as well. We have comcast and on speedtest.net I only pull around 20mb's download.

Back