• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to watercooling, is $240 enough for a full decent setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Same

I plan on going to microcenter today and buying all the parts there then following the guide on the forums. I was wondering if you guys think $240 should be enough for all the parts?

Thanks,
Sam

So long as its a CPU loop only, that should be about right...

Radiator ~$100
CPU block ~$60
Res ~$30 (optional, can be a T line)
Tubing/barbs/coil etc $50

= $240

So long as its a CPU loop only, that should be about right...

Radiator ~$100
CPU block ~$60
Res ~$30 (optional, can be a T line)
Tubing/barbs/coil etc $50

= $240

Thanks. Yeah its just CPU

Im not sure of the parts I was gonna ask the guys at microcenter, but, you guys are more knowledgeable, any suggestions on a set of parts?

Dont ask those guys at the Microcenter in Rockville...(I live in Laurel). the one person worth their salt was some cute chic, but she is long gone.

Rad: MCR320 ($75)
Pump: D5 with top ($75)
CPU block: Heat killer rev3 ($90)
Tubing/fittings/coil (will actually be less, $40)

Heh, oops, forgot a pump, so yeah you are over $240.

Dont ask those guys at the Microcenter in Rockville...(I live in Laurel). the one person worth their salt was some cute chic, but she is long gone.

Rad: MCR320 ($75)
Pump: D5 with top ($75)
CPU block: Heat killer rev3 ($90)
Tubing/fittings/coil (will actually be less, $40)

Heh, oops, forgot a pump, so yeah you are over $240.

I put all those parts (minus CPU Block, Danger Den MC-TDX Socket 1336) in and came out $220 W/o Tubing/fittings/coil. I can indulge an extra $20 if its gonna be $260, how does that look?

Swiftech MCR320-QP Extreme Duty Triple 120mm Radiator - 59.99
Danger Den DD12V-D5 12V Fixed Speed Water Pump - 89.99
Danger Den MC-TDX Socket 1366 CPU Cooler - 59.99

Tax: 12.60
Total - 222.57

I think that looks good but Im not the watercooling expert thats for sure. Wait for other opinions. :)

ok, maybe I missed something, but have you thought about fans? I mean, I know he could go Yate Loons, but if he wants something a bit better...you know...just a concern to mention. I think you're going about this too fast. Have you read the sticky from this section (read every single link)? Have you read up on watercooling basics and what you do once stuff shows up at your door? Do you know if your case is capable of watercooling? there's a lot you have to learn, it can be a blast, but don't rush into this, you're posting, so obviously you have a working computer, so why rush? Take your time, read the stickies, hit skinneelabs.com and read some (read ALL) reviews, go over to xtremesystems and read their stickies. Keep in mind while doing this that watercooling has evolved, so don't make it half way through, feel like you have seen it before, and stop, read it all, even if its just to pound it into your brain. We love helpin people here (least I do...), but what fun is it if we do it all for you?

Back