• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mcr420 rad fan/controller options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

A folding buddy just picked up a MCR420 tonight. Needs to get his fittings and fans controller.

Thinking of just your average fans, but wants a controller for the fans.

8 fans(push pull config) how would you control them all? use molex fans or pwm fans? And if so which controller?

Any thoughts?

Depends on the fans. Many decent (some cheap) controllers can handle 4 fans per channel. Depends on the fans. He shouldn't need more that HS Yate Loons in push pull.

This one maybe, fine for me with 3 HS Yates on one channel and the next channel the same.
http://www.jab-tech.com/Sunbeam-5-1-4-Rheobus-Kit-BLACK-pr-2530.html

30 watts safer
http://www.jab-tech.com/Sunbeam-Rheobus-Extreme-Black-pr-4090.html

Pricy, better, should have updated LCD sceen, double check before ordering
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...roduct_info&cPath=52_87_137&products_id=26486

Best fans these days? Scyth Gentle Typhoons. Get 1850rpm, they are quiet and undervolt VERY well. Non PWM. As is the controllers above.

i think it's listed as the fc5v2 now...but I don't know where I'm getting that...it just popped into my head now that you mentioned it.

edit:no indication of that on lamptron's website, I think I need to dream about computer parts less :-/:burn:

Yeah, it's the FC5V2. You aren't making it up :D For some reason they removed it from their website a few days ago...I dunno why. Lamptron also says that resellers will list it as FC5V2 and not FC5, so be sure that V2 is in the model number.

Thats weird. I never heard of that. Just the FC-6, its little brother with an updated display....

Moved to the Water Cooling sub-forum where this should have been posted to start with.;)

I know it's actually a question on a fan controller, but it's for fans on the rad.:D

Plus I thought it looked better here.

Moved to the Water Cooling sub-forum where this should have been posted to start with.;)

I know it's actually a question on a fan controller, but it's for fans on the rad.:D

Plus I thought it looked better here.

Who gave you the right to move my stuff?:clap::clap::chair:

I could have swore I posted it there anyways :D

Maybe they pulled it and just called it the FC-6?

Wasn't the FC6 released before the FC5V2 announcement? The FC5V2 is supposed to be exactly like the FC5, but with the updated LCD. They definitely could have pulled it altogether, but they wouldn't have called it the FC6 b/c the FC5V2 has 30W per channel and voltage display. I dunno what's goin on :shrug:

I know all that, my thinking was if production costs with the new FC-5v2 ran higher with the LCD, they may have went a little less on the wattage rating for it to make up and called it something different? Its not like the prior display was that bad..but...needs to be better, hate that type for just that reason.

How far is that reaching? :p

I'll zip lamptron an email and tell you the results.
I thinke Spawne or Spawne32 are Lamptron reps here also...

I saw some stuff that looked vaguely official, but I figured I could get something definitely official, no real loss if we double back.

Man you guys sure know how to jack a thread :D

He ended up getting a deal on some ebay fans. 8 of them 56cfm 1800 rpm(or is it 1300)
paired with his 420 rad. So we'll see how well it does

He's going to swap pumps and then watercool his 5770 as well.

Back