• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m0r7if3r

Member, Water Cooling Sticky Reading Enforcement O
A while back, I saw brutal-force and bing's collaboration on a pwm fan controller to "tame the beast" and run a 260 cfm san ace fan, this triggered an idea in my head for some modifications and so I called together my electrical brain trust (which only consists of another guy about as crazy as me...spaces open!!!) and we've partially hashed out some new ideas based on the design that bing came up with that essentially allow it to run on a "semiautomatic mode" where it has a variable control with a thermal override at critical temp where it will then take over control of the fan and ramp it up with an algorithm (which as of now is just linear). We've sorta reached a point, however, where the fun part of coming up with new ideas and taking them to a basic concept is coming to an end :)rain:) and we need to hash out finer details. I was wondering if there was any interest in this controller? It can probably replace a channel of an existing fan controller and can definitely be contained in a project box. If you are interested in something like this, what price would you like to see for it to be attractive? current ideas are 1 and 2 thermal monitoring probe models (thermistors for you techies who were wondering) with the one probe being based on absolute and the 2 being based on a comparator with an ambient temp.

Back