• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron Tualatin question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

V12

I want to buy a Celeron Tualatin 1 GHz Boxed. As I have heared the Phillipines are better overclockers than the Malaysian. Are there any informations maybe in the production code or in the FPO# so you can see if there is a Phillipine or a Malaysian made chip inside the box? Are there any other numbers to look for. I only want a 133FSB so AGP and PCI busses are within the specs. I assume 133MHz FSB should be easier with the 1.0A than with the 1.1A. Board is a Asus TUSL2-C bios 1011.

Both the Phillipines and the Malaysian chips overclock well. It's all luck. If the dealer will provide it for you, you can get the fpo batch code as well as which factory it came from. I think the most important aspect is to get one of the newer production chips rather than the first batch that is released.

Bonka said:
Both the Phillipines and the Malaysian chips overclock well. It's all luck. If the dealer will provide it for you, you can get the fpo batch code as well as which factory it came from. I think the most important aspect is to get one of the newer production chips rather than the first batch that is released.

In general the philli chips require less juice than the malay counterparts to hit the same OC. With that in mind most philli chips do better too. I have heard of many more philli chips hitting 1600+MHz than what is in the data base. There have been very few malay chips to hit 1600MHz on less than 1.5v but I can get my cel-t to post @ 1.5v. It took my older malay cel-t 1.8v to post @ 1600MHz and it would not even load windows. I can load windows @ 1.55v but it will crash after a few minutes. You want to get a philli chip in the 1.2GHz area but when you get a 1.1GHz or below in the cel-t's I thiunk it doesn;t have as much of a bearing on what you get whether it be malay or philli, OEM or retail. They all are pretty much guarenteed to hit 133FSB.

got my retail 1.0A from newegg and it was a philli

been running less than 4 days now already at 1420. vidpinning will happen tonight

Thanks for your infos.
Is there a way you can see out of the numbers what´s in the box? I know at least the production date is within the numbers but I forgot which on is it. Also which of the numbers is for Phillipine or Malaysian plant?

Everything you need to know is printed on a small label on the
box.
You will clearly see the factory...Malay or Philipines...also date of
production....ech.

If your aim is only 133MHZ fsb then just buy anything you find.
Will be piece of cake.

TASOS said:
Everything you need to know is printed on a small label on the
box.
You will clearly see the factory...Malay or Philipines...also date of
production....ech.

If your aim is only 133MHZ fsb then just buy anything you find.
Will be piece of cake.

In the 1.2GHz variety you will want a philli chip.

Back