• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time cold!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

Wow. I'll just say it is one hell of an experience. Totally different from air. Much better. I wasn't even trying to break any records. I was kinda getting used to the board and CPU again. It was like starting over. Got a couple of other scores, but I'm on my phone

Got over the 5ghz slum I had hit on air
http://http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1028494_god_tattoo_cpu_z_core_i3_530_5390.23_mhz

Cleanup question After you finish, do you immediately remove your pot? I did and emptied the acetone just I case. What do you do?

Last edited:
For cleanup, I remove the pot and blast it with a blowdrier then turn it upside down and let it sit overnight

Thanks kow. What about the leftover acetone? I got it in the glass jar I used to pour it in.

As far as levels go, I kept it bubbling just under the top of the copper below the aluminum. Is that about right, or should I use less? Sorry bout all the questions, but I thought I'd keep it all in one thread.

just put in enough acetone to cover the holes in the bottom, it should hardly bubble during your session since temps should get lower than -45*C where it stops bubbling.

I just toss it in the sink to get rid of it. The little amount shouldn't hurt anything.
Just make sure to not re-use the acetone since it might have got water in it from the condensation in the pot.

Well, my second day sucked. Couldn't get it to cooperate. The 530 isn't helping since I'm out of multi and have to rely on such a high bclk. I was shocked it got that high on the UD3L I'm using. Didn't know she had it in her. I'll try tomorrow on the 860.

tat, you might consider staying with the 530 for now as the clocks are fresh in your mind. and work for the supi and pifast and cpuz scores as you may be able to get some boints from it and then move to the 860 and work all of them.

Took your advice dejo, and got everything all set up for another round...Had 4 out of 5 of my drives crap out on me for one reason or another, so I set those all back up...Mounted everything, then opened my cooler and my DICE was gone...lol Guess three 92 degree days in a row will do that to you..Sucks...Oh well I'll be ready to go again when I can grab some more dice...

Any chance of livestreaming? Would be a good opportunity to get some pointers while at the wheel, and I haven't seen anyone streaming in the past couple weeks.

I have an account, and everything but unfortunately I never know when I'll be able to get on for the next month or so. I'm on call at work, so I don't know when I'll be going in. They call I go. So I don't want to try to nail down a time. But I do eventually want to do one or two so the pros can help me out.

Back