• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel i5 760 is out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wickedout

Intel has released two more quads and one more dual for the 1156 platform. I've read some specs saying it's a 32nm and some saying it's a 45nm.

Newegg has it listed as a 32nm and it costs about $209. Is it worth it?

Not bad, 32nm, quad core, stock 2.8GHz....what's the difference between this i5 and something like the i7-875k?

Especially since the i5 is $100 cheaper?

Actually it's not a 32nm processor, go here and scroll down a bit till you see the CPU-Z pic.

I guess all they did was raise up the core speed.

NewEgg up to no good as usual. I wonder if it will come with a plastic heatsink to. Lol!!

Wouldn't doubt it, stupid idiot who put it up didn't know any good.

I was a little mad at first since I paid good money for the i7-875k and then this comes out making it look like trash.

Thankfully I saw the pictures :D

I'll stick with my i5 750. No reason to change. This i5 750 is a beast. I'm really happy with it. I would like to see Intel make a 32nm 1156 CPU. I doubt they will. But it would be nice.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a 32nm 1156, whatever though 45nm ain't too bad, don't really feel like shelling out near $1k for an i7 Extreme or the i7-970

I'll stick with my i5 750. No reason to change. This i5 750 is a beast. I'm really happy with it. I would like to see Intel make a 32nm 1156 CPU. I doubt they will. But it would be nice.

Totally agree! The 750 is powerful enough (at stock) to do everything I want it to do. I'll upgrade when the world standard is 6 cores. :)

FYI - despite even some repudible news sources claiming this is a 32nm chip....it is not! It is identical to the i5 750 plus an added multiplier.

Once overclocked the difference disappears. Just like the i7 920 to i7 930 change, it's simply a way for Intel to keep interest in their existing arcitecture until Sandy Bridge is released ;)

so is there a difference bettween the i5 750 or the i5 760. I would like to purchase one of them. Woudn't you be able to clock the 760 higher because the added multiplyer? Thanks

I'd go 760 just in case if I were buying now. Not so much that they could clock higher, its more of can your system do a high bclk. If not, then you always have the extra multiplier. I think your max will still depend on the chip and cooling.

cool thanks. I will be getting one soon to complete my system. I will be water cooling. So I am expecting a pretty good overclock. :thup:

just built my system with the i5 760. assus p7p55d-e board makes o/c easy with the auto tune function. i tested it and brought me to 3.6 on stock cooling lol. i didnt leave it at that because my idle temps were high 50's.

i have it set to 3.0ghz and idle temps are 45 full load 53. that sound about right for stock cooling? voltage is 1.12v

anyone else get one of these? any numbers and temps with some better cooling?

Back