• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling fan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bhk7594

I have been trying to choose my fans for my system and so far I am leaning to ultra kaze fans (3000 rpm) but the issue is with those fans there are no LEDs and i dont want to have to install them on like 20 fans so does anyone have suggestions for high speed fans like the ultra kaze (im using a 360 gtx and 480 gtx rad) that have LEDs in them? thanks :D

why you need Fans with 3000 rpm :screwy: no Radi needs Fans with 3000 RPM!
you need good Fan with LED' s look for Enermax Fan
http://www.aquatuning.de/index.php/language/en/cPath/47_71_278
http://www.enermax.co.uk/products/fans/apollishvegas.html

why do you think that no rads need high speed fans?

I run three Ultra kaze 3ks on my rad and would run 6x total for push pull if I tore the rig down. Those 3x 3k rpm fans keep the loop cool enough for me and arent overly loud compared to the Deltas I own.

why do you think that no rads need high speed fans?

I run three Ultra kaze 3ks on my rad and would run 6x total for push pull if I tore the rig down. Those 3x 3k rpm fans keep the loop cool enough for me and arent overly loud compared to the Deltas I own.

Tell me wich Radiator for Watercooling need Fans with 3000rpm?
and 3000 rpm is very loud.

Last edited:
Black Ice GTX series for one and people who want or need smaller rads but don't mind the noise.

Simple. Some of use have been at this a long time.

Noise is subjective.

I don't like a loud computer, so I have big rads and quiet fans. My choice.

I don't like a loud computer, so I have big rads and quiet fans. My choice.
rgr and for the most Radis is 1200-1500 rpm more then enough.;)

Most tests are also mostly from 800rpm-1200rpm and thats enough for many radiators.
Black Ice GTX Radi dont need Fan with 3000rpm :sly:
A friend of me makes these tests
Test is translated

Enermax fans are 25mm so they are not a straight replacement for the ultra kaze s which are 38mm. Which will make a difference in static pressure so if you are looking for maximum performance keep looking. Honestly if i wanted that kind of air volume I would just mod the ultra kaze s. Its 14 for push pull and that really isn't to bad, so if you are going for all out performance just do it. It will take about an hour and a half but you will be thankful in the end.

Also be mindful of the hub size with ultra kaze s they like shrouds.

but i dont mind noise and i like performance so i was going in the higher rpm range also the ultra kaze does 137 cfm which is a ton i will look at the fans you linked thanks

ok thats nice to know, we all know thicker rads need higher speed fans so now what about suggestions for fans with leds that can compare with the ultra kaze 3000 rpm

rgr and for the most Radis is 1200-1500 rpm more then enough.;)

Most tests are also mostly from 800rpm-1200rpm and thats enough for many radiators.
Black Ice GTX Radi dont need Fan with 3000rpm :sly:
A friend of me makes these tests
Test is translated

Aha. A friend. Nice friend. I have seen his work for a few years now. He's also on some US forums. XS to be specific. I saw those tests when he released them a few months ago.

Maybe you should go to Skinnees and see the test results. The GTX rad scales very nicely with very HS fans. In some cases it's useful. Maybe not for you.

Not sure where you get the info about fan speeds. You yourself might say I like slow fans and no one else in the world needs high fans. And I say your wrong. :rain:

ok thats nice to know, we all know thicker rads need higher speed fans so now what about suggestions for fans with leds that can compare with the ultra kaze 3000 rpm

You hit on a sore point. The KZ are performance fans. Why would anyone want bling on a crazy fan made for pure performance? It's just not made that I have ever seen.

ok well about the shrouds, i dont think they make one for the gtx series
second, i wont be overclocking like crazy so i could bump down to 120x25 mm to get LEDs but i dont want to spend 25 dollars per fan thats like 500 dollars for fans
so any other suggestions?
(also kind of a newbie so can someone explain to me what a fan shroud does?)

Shroud.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6119059&postcount=4
http://martin.skinneelabs.com/Radiator-Fan-Orientation-And-Shroud-Testing-Review.html

It reduces the dead spot and straightens out airflow from the fans. It can increase effiincy up to 16% Martin says. Thats 16% of your DT, not 16 degrees. So if your DT is 10C, thats 1.6C. Kinda worthless if your DT is 5C.

And you would have to make your own or gut old fans for the easy way..

Search for shroud in this forum, way to find answers. Nice forum tool.

Yea I mentioned shrouds cause the ultra kaze has such a massive hub, skinnee has some great numbers on them. Just dont think you need to go out and buy the things from tfc that he used at like 20 dollars a piece *shivers*. What you do is gut old 120x25mm fans if you have them or pick up cheap ones for like 3-5 dollars

Aha. A friend. Nice friend. I have seen his work for a few years now. He's also on some US forums. XS to be specific. I saw those tests when he released them a few months ago.

Maybe you should go to Skinnees and see the test results. The GTX rad scales very nicely with very HS fans. In some cases it's useful. Maybe not for you.

Not sure where you get the info about fan speeds. You yourself might say I like slow fans and no one else in the world needs high fans. And I say your wrong. :rain:

Actually, people buy water cooling for a silent System and good cooling System,and fans with 3000 rpm loud very loud.
My opinion is it's senseless to buy a radiator and to equip themselves with fans running at 3000 rpm.
I reach a very good cooling with other radiators and 800-1500rpm.
If he wants to fan with 3000 rpm, he should buy, I would rather buy a different radiator with better fans but Everyone has a different opinion.:D

There are actually a good number of people that use water with high speed fans on controller who go for more extreme overclocks than those of us whole value silent operation. Normally those people are going for synthetic bench mark scores but don't want to go into the extreme cooling due to various reasons.

I dont go for silent operation (high speed fans on all my air and water cooled rigs) simply because my goal is to get as close to ambient as possible at all times while being able to be lazy.

I dont need to have an absolutely silent machine because I dont mind the whooshing noise from the fans.

Silence is not golden, Silence is not my requirement, performance is, and my gauge of performance is how well does it play X games that I am playing now.

np Guys :D
I make many OC with Watercooling and I've never used a Radi and Fan with 3000rpm and I already tested some Radiator but everyone as he wants ;)

Back