• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over clocking my 955 BE C2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seth8530

Ok guys n gals... I ran OCCT over night on the gpu cycle and prime 95 for 12 hours and my CPU temp didnt break 60 C so im planning on over clocking some... Hopefully my temps will lower even more once my artic silver finishes curing lol. ( I applied it yesterday) Those temps seem ok?

So just curious whats the max temp yall would let ur CPU hit before you curb it back some?

here is a thread with my cooling setup..

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649063

ok i raised the multplier and im currently running at 3.6 ghz// ill update this post with a temp reading after occt runs

ok after 15 mins temp seems to be staying between 57 and 58... pretty much the same as it was at stock speeds

Last edited:
if you are hitting 60 now, stop at 3.6, 55 or less is where you want it to be.
for you to go past 3.6 you are going to have to up the voltage and that will run it way to hot.

if you are hitting 60 now, stop at 3.6, 55 or less is where you want it to be.
for you to go past 3.6 you are going to have to up the voltage and that will run it way to hot.

I dropped it down to 3.6 ghz after i crashed at 3.8 plus 1.45 volt and set the voltage down to 1.41 and 3.6 ghz... its running max 64 C should i try and step the voltage down some more?

Ok i lowerd the voltage to 1.4 volt and still holding 3.6 ghz via multiplier... now its maxing between 61 and 62C

Ok another update... Turned voltage down to 1.375 still running 3.6 ghz. Temp is maxing at 60.. Sound better?

Last edited:
If CPU temp is 60 then core temps are probably 5-10C lower. You want to keep core temps at a max of about 55C.

core temp gives the temp you want to keep at 55 or less. at 3.6 take your voltage down to 1.35 and bump NB up to 2200mhz and try that, if its not stable try 1.375 volts.

you can get 3.6 on stock voltage.

ohk i did that and it seems to be maxing around 58-59 C i really wish i could push it further tho.. )"

ohk i did that and it seems to be maxing around 58-59 C i really wish i could push it further tho.. )"

with better cooling you could get it up to 3.8, but the voltage step it kind of high, you're looking at 1.46-1.47 to keep it stable for just 200 more mhz.

any higher than that and you pretty much need liquid cooling.

if you just want to oc the processor one of those corsair H50's are not bad, they also have some nice cpu fan reviews on here, but C2's just run so damn hot. I see all these people with the C3 getting 4ghz on 1.43 and such and it makes me want to cry lol.

guess I'll wait for asus to straighten out thier bios stuff and just get a thuban when they do.

aye its very painfull to see... If ya wana see my cooling setup just follow my link to the thread i mentioned and my whole cooling solution is shown.

Zerotherm nirvana 120 mm. you can look and see my cooling config on page 2 of the linked thread too

I got to post #15 last night, so I looked but since it wasn't readily apparent I stopped. Case cooling can be interesting but it has to be a fairly unique approach to hold my attention. Just as an FYI, I've had my case flow reversed for over four years now, and even have a deflector to push the rear intake air over the MOSFET/NB heatsink. ;) Of course, water cooling has it's own demands ...

Last edited:
awesum so now i dont feel like a weirdo for having a reversed cooling system lol. ( :

Ya, im idling at about 36 C and i reach a max of about 59C do you think that once the artic silver has time to burn in that it will work better? You think i should try and increase the speed of the FSB from 200 up some? and leave the multiplier be?

now at 3.65 ghz with voltage at 1.375 max at 60 C after running prime all night long... bus is 203 and the mult raised... think i can push further?

now at 3.65 ghz with voltage at 1.375 max at 60 C after running prime all night long... bus is 203 and the mult raised... think i can push further?

Your getting a little on the warm side brother...I'd relax until you figure out a way to cool it better.

Back