• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How low flow helped me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disabled
This probably isn't a realy big isseu for all of you people who have 60 FT of cooling coils or a cars rad stuck to your machien, but for the rest of us this might be valuble. I've had this fridge now for probably about a month now and i was in aw of how my temps could still be so high! As it turns out, the water going into the tank where the evaporator is didn't have enough time to cool down being pump through like a jet stream! So i fanly decided to switch my pump from 12V to 5V and let me tell you! I have seen nothing but bonuses from doing this! The once jet steam is now only a light stream of water, i can't hear the pump anymore, my water is no longer luke warm but fridged to the tuch and the cpu is at about 10C!! from a once 47C!! So my advice would be, if you want more performance from that tiny little rad or small coil or in may case bar fridge, lower the speed of your water. It will make the most of limited cooling and lower nois. Also for those with the bigger rads with huge loud fans! you could lower your flow too and replace those loud fans with some more sane low flow fans or run them of of the 5 V line too:D Just my findings, any input would be greatly apreciated

PS. i'm also testing adding a valve to see if i can get the water to sub zero temps:D

did i lose you half article? it's a fridge and some sort of industrial pump (very loud at 12V and emptys a waterbed in 10 MIn)

Back