• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laser printer overkill!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooMasster716

So I was browsing craigslist looking for a spare USB keyboard and mouse for when I need to fix someones pc and I out of boredom searched for laser printers. I came across this lady selling a HP 8150dn printer which looked to be for business use. It came across as a mid-size printer from the pic in the manual but when I went to pick it up the thing was actually huge. So I loaded this 120lb thing into my car and paid the woman $20 and went home. Within minutes I got a test page printed within the printer but couldn't get it visible in my Windows 7 network or even get its ip address from my router. After about 30min I was tired and went to bed. Today I found out DHCP had to be turned on and within minutes I got it installed on my Win7 box and printed a windows test page.

Anyways the pages print with great quality and I think that the toner will last me a lifetime, the lady didn't put much use on this new toner cartridge. Now i'm gonna stick it in the closest and enjoy the look on my girlfriends face when she again realizes that my overclocking sickness is terminal.

Heres a pic
4822032744_68c6ddacd4_b.jpg

Any of you guys ever score something thats overkill like this?

My office still has one of these. Been a workhorse for years...as with most of HP's older printers. All their newer ones stink. I buy reputable Brother models now and have not been disappointed yet.

Back