• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shroud on feser 360?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hsnopi

So I am trying to put the whole feser systemwith noctua fans internal to a 700d corsair. even wiht the monstrous size of that case ti won't working using the TFC shroud. So...2 options.

1. cut the shroud to 1/2 it's height. tedious but doable.

2. forego shrouds. Normally I would not consider this but the radiator fins are a good centimeter (.4 inches) from the mounting plate. But I am not sure this is enough space for a functioning shroud type effect.

Opinions?

I'd say forgo the shroud before you cut it and see how the temps are. Some pics might help, maybe consider a different shroud or something...

that is kind of what I was thinking. these are the noctua NF-P12's which max at 1300 rpm so are considered low speed anyway. Set them up in a pull configuration and it should be good. I just wanted someone to verify my thinking independantly. I would also hatet o cut up these shrouds.

Yea, shrouds increase the DT capability, which means the gains can be small. Skinnee kinda aluded that with lower speed RPMs not much is to be gained. 5% gain or so on DT ain't much really.

High speed fans? yep, bet you could see 20% at 2000+ rpm on a GTX rad.

If temps are within good limits why bother tho?

Back