• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thuban delidded (on XS)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
all that glue makes it look like some crappy chinese made chip.

you know, like fakes

Thanks, Bobnova! :) Interesting read.

Not that I would de-lid a soldered CPU (IMO a bad choice) it doesn't look like there's much chance of that happening even if you wanted to try it ...

Nice read; I've never looked into delidding a chip before.

My Athlon 64 X2 is delidded. It's under the stock cooler so I just used TIM to hold the IHS back on until I use a non-stock cooler.

pretty cool, but i couldn't help cringing a little seeing it in little pieces...

Happens to the best of us. Lol The thing is, when *Chew uses Amd, he can afford to do that. :p

Chance start writing:) You don't think some of these guys with all this neat stuff actually pay for it do you:sly: Cough Cough:bday:

HMMMM? So if I buy an AMD I save $700, cool deal. I just wish I could not buy and someone give me $700:)

Lol. Don't we all Archer? I would love to have an extra $700 show up in the mail one day. And then on top of that, if it were to come in a newegg box with a 1090T in it also, I would probably faint. :D

Back