• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best airflow/coldest w/o mods? - antec 1200 vs haf x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itzzjason

without any mods to the case, which case has better airflow and/or lower temperatures?
is there another atx full case that has even better airflow?

Easy man, this isnt an Instant message client....

But anyway... WELCOME!!! :)

Both have superior airflow over many cases. The difference between the two is likely not noticeable. Both are great cases. If I had to choose one over the other, I would choose the HAF-X over the 1200 b/c some of the features it has over the 1200 (USB3 front ports, GPU duct to aid in PSU cooling, Superior wire management, etc).

Check out my review of the HAF-X case on the front page... ;)

Easy man, this isnt an Instant message client....

But anyway... WELCOME!!! :)

Both have superior airflow over many cases. The difference between the two is likely not noticeable. Both are great cases. If I had to choose one over the other, I would choose the HAF-X over the 1200 b/c some of the features it has over the 1200 (USB3 front ports, GPU duct to aid in PSU cooling, Superior wire management, etc).

Check out my review of the HAF-X case on the front page... ;)

glad to be a new member
thanks for the help

i have the HAF X and i belive the it is superior to the antec 1200 in every way imaginable. xcept that the antec 1200 can gold 12 hard drives... other than that, the HAF X beats it in every way.

even the HAF 932 beats it.

no contest, go with the HAF X

i have the HAF X and i belive the it is superior to the antec 1200 in every way imaginable. xcept that the antec 1200 can gold 12 hard drives... other than that, the HAF X beats it in every way.

even the HAF 932 beats it.

no contest, go with the HAF X

I dunno Sean...they are both great cases...as looks go i think I might also prefer the haf, and I like it's hard drive mounting way better than the 1200. That said, 3x120mm pushing up front, 1x120mm & 1x200m pulling...I have to think the Antec has better flow without modification. With a side fan stuck in the 1200 I think for sure in my opinion. Plus those Antec fans can move some air when set to high. They get noisy, but per the perameters given by the OP I have to go 1200.

Again, I personally like the haf better...but I have to think the Antec has better airflow. How fast can the 140mm on the haf get going?

Again, I personally like the haf better...but I have to think the Antec has better airflow. How fast can the 140mm on the haf get going?

I think the front fan is a 230mm.

What I have heard but I cant confirm is the half x is best at cooling graphic cards. The antec 1200 is the best at cooling the cpu.

I think the front fan is a 230mm.

What I have heard but I cant confirm is the half x is best at cooling graphic cards. The antec 1200 is the best at cooling the cpu.

Thats a big fan! Thanks for the info though.

Thats a big fan! Thanks for the info though.

No problem.

In all honesty I think the haf is a bit on the ugly side but I also have a very random tastes in cases. I have heard people say the cases that I like look like someone threw up on the floor and I thought they were gorgeous :rain:

No problem.

In all honesty I think the haf is a bit on the ugly side but I also have a very random tastes in cases. I have heard people say the cases that I like look like someone threw up on the floor and I thought they were gorgeous :rain:

You don't need to tell me about that, I have a storm scout, lol...I think I'm the only one who likes that one!

i love my scout just needs more room

I'll bet it is tight in there with that True your running, lol. Is one reason I opted for my ECO. :D It being a midtower with a handle and the painted insides sold me. I love mine too, it travels well.

the fan in the front of the HAF X is a 200mm fan... its spec is 230mm, but its just a 200mm fan with a bigger frame. so technically its a 230mm, but in reality, its a 200mm ;)

I'll bet it is tight in there with that True your running, lol. Is one reason I opted for my ECO. :D It being a midtower with a handle and the painted insides sold me. I love mine too, it travels well.

yeah try getting your hands to the mobo screw closest to the cpu... i feel like a surgeon when i work in there

yeah try getting your hands to the mobo screw closest to the cpu... i feel like a surgeon when i work in there

Haha, I bet we could all do a bit of surgery with the tight places we've worked in over the years. I have trouble with the top left mobo screw and when the extra power plugin that is up there. 12v.

sorry to bother you guys again...but since someone said 1200 is better at cooling and another one said 1200 is better at cpu cooling
i guess i gotta be the judge of it but i need some specs:
what are the rpm and cfm for the fans in the haf x and 1200?

sorry to bother you guys again...but since someone said 1200 is better at cooling and another one said 1200 is better at cpu cooling
i guess i gotta be the judge of it but i need some specs:
what are the rpm and cfm for the fans in the haf x and 1200?

I am unable to view newegg at this time but newegg should have that information.

Both cases will keep your computer at room temperature and the difference when overclocking is not much. It would be best to get the one you think looks best at this point.

stock intake for the HAF X is...... 220CFM... stock exhaust is........170CFM

but with all the fans i have in mine its.... 340cfm intake...... and 444cfm exhaust.

Back