• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coollab Liquid Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elfie

Is anyone using this? I recently cleaned the loop in my sig and after reassembling I thought I'd try the various pastes I still had left starting with MX-2 to give me a reference and the load temps were 61ºC adjusted for 20ºC i.e. air to CPU delta of 41ºC (which is what I was getting before I cleaned the loop). This is at 4.2GHz with 1.31v.

I then tried IC Diamond paste. I've never had good results with this and the adjusted load temps were 63ºC on the first mount and 64ºC on the second. I left it a couple of days to cure and it didn't make any noticeable difference. Although I appreciate it can take a while to cure I didn't think it would make more than a couple of degrees difference at best.

I then had enough left of the Coollab Liquid Pro for 1 application. I've used this before and got good results on Core 2 Quads, usually up to a couple of degrees lower temps than MX-2 at high overclocks but it was a real pain to clean off so forgot about it until now. I used a bit more than I'd used in the past and the results have been surprising. The adjusted load temps were 57ºC, a 4ºC drop. I've been running load test over the last couple of days at various settings and temperature improvements range from 1ºC at stock settings to 3ºC at 4.0GHz and the 4ºC at 4.2GHz.

I've never had such stunning results from changing to a different paste which is why I've normally stayed with MX-2. It's possible I had a bad batch of MX-2 (which I've read about) so the previous results could have been worse due to that and I've never got on with IC Diamond which could be my application technique for that. I just wondered if anyone else is using it and had such good results.

I do know then next time I clean my loop I'll probably have to lightly lap the CPU and block to get it off but I reckon it's going to be worth it.

It could just be that you got a particularly good mount, I'd like to see how that compares to some shin etsu x23 in a real comparision...I'll keep my eye on it though :D

I've been doing some reading in the meantime and see that people are getting up to 5ºC improvement.

I did think about bad mounts with the other TIMs I've used but I've been doing it for so long and getting consistent results with whichever paste I use (apart from IC Diamond) that I can normally tell if I've got it wrong, which I do occasionally.

Just ordered some more.

I've tested it on an E8400. Load temps at stock speeds with 1.1v there's no measurable difference, at 3.6GHz, 1.19v it's a 1ºC improvement and at both 4.0, 1.33v & 4.2GHz, 1.43v it's 2ºC improvement.

I probably won't bother to use it again on the E8400 system when I clean the loop but will definitely use it on my Core i7.

Back