• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Currently Unavailable]Sceptre 27" monitor 249.99 w/promo code at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I once had a 22" scepter monitor...within 8 months it broke. It was super bright. It wasn't a setting..Sent it to scepter and they didn't fix it. They sent it back the same. Done with them.

I once had a 22" scepter monitor...within 8 months it broke. It was super bright. It wasn't a setting..Sent it to scepter and they didn't fix it. They sent it back the same. Done with them.

Ah yeah? i heard some so-so things about them as I purchased 2 Sceptre HDTV's from newegg on blackfriday.
Theyre okay sets, speakers suck though.

I got a 24" 1920x1200 Sceptre almost 2 years ago and it's flawless, default settings were all wrong, but when you change them you get typical 2ms TN panel quality.
Build quality varies from one model to another, this one is perfect, some are bad.

Several years ago I bought a 22" screen from them. I liked it so much I got another one not long after. Within 6 months the first screen broke, developing a red line down the center of it. I sent it off for warranty and they sent me a replacement. At the 13 month mark the second screen broke. It was out of warranty and they wouldn't repair it. Roughly 9 months later the 3rd screen broke (the first warranty replacement), and I didn't even bother asking them for a repair (it too was out of warranty).

Things might be different now, but I'll never buy another Sceptre again.

Great price for the size, but no audio via HDMI. That's a deal breaker for me. :(

Back