• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

1266 megahertz AMD Athlon
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
mobo: SiS-730 K7SEM
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG
mutipler is 9.5

What is the first thing i need to do to Overclock the processor

And what is this board capiable of or where can i get some information

First off..

Find your Motherboard Manual....read it at least 2 or 3 times and if there are areas your not understanding come and ask about them.

Second(or First) Go to the main page http://www.overclockers.com/
(btw don't ever leave off the S when manually typing in overclockers....just take my word for it...
ANYWAY....under the guides section is alot of information regarding overclocking. Read it, learn it, if have questions about any of it please ask and some of us willcome around and answer it to the best of our knowledge.

That motherboard being an ECS board will likely be very bereif of overclocking features. At some point I would sugest heaading over to ocworkbench.com and do a search for that model Motherboard an see what comes up.

Good luck! And welcome to the Forum. :beer: :) :burn: :p

EDITED:
I just looked over the manual that is on ECS's site....it looks pretty much like the K&S%A as far as overclocking options. None
If your currently using the 1.2GHz Tbird that runs on a 200mhz FSB then you can possibly O/C it a bit.... Upon entering the BIOS there is a section that will allow you to change the FSB to 100 or 133. If you already running at 133 then there isn't much you can do short of a bios change that has additional options(very unlikely to find one though I'm afraid). If that is the case you may want to try CPUCOOL or CPUFSB and oveerclocking with that windows utility. Remember Overclocking CAN damage equipment so don't jump in without understanding what your doing or you could be replacing parts or the entire system if something catystrophic occured(unlikely, but not impossible).

Good Luck in your endeavor.

Last edited:
Back