• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you own BC2 on Steam you get the MOH beta. Let me tell you, I played MOH for about 20m before I quit in disgust. Horrible game. Basically the worst mix of MW2 and BC2. Just another crappy console shooter. I hope they make BF3 an actual PC game instead of a dumbed down console port. BC2 was horribly disappointing.

I love all the BF games and I can't wait for BF3!!! BFBC2 is awesome so if BF3 is anything like that it should do really well. I'm just glad to see that it is in the works and definitely coming out at some point and time. I just hope it doesn't end up like Diablo3!!!!! :-/

Yeah, BF2 was awesome. BF3 should be even better. If they keep what was good about it. I am looking forwards to 64player maps. Miss that so much.

That is just too bad. I played the ever living poo poo out of it. And I still get on and play at least once a month.
In the older battlefields I had tons of fun.
BF2 brought some graphics while doing nothing for gameplay and offering little content... they put in expansions to milk it's sheep for cash.
Better titles with tons more content out there.

The dynamics drive me insane, bullets flying out of a barrel at 45 degrees because I'm not standing still.

BF2 brought some graphics while doing nothing for gameplay and offering little content... they put in expansions to milk it's sheep for cash.

The dynamics drive me insane, bullets flying out of a barrel at 45 degrees because I'm not standing still.

I actually thought BF2 was much better as far as team work and overall fun. I played for a long time with my brother and a about 6 of my friends and we had a blast playing BF2 but when we all started playing BF2142 all the teamwork went to hell and the game wasn't as much fun to play. BFBC2 is a lot of fun but hard to get used to and most of my friends don't have it so I'm flying solo with this one. BF2 was by far the best multi player game I've played so far!

I bought BC2 when it first came out and I have NEVER seen anyone use teamwork or use the mic. Literally I have not heard one person say anything on mic at all. Even using the chat is pretty rare.

I bought BC2 when it first came out and I have NEVER seen anyone use teamwork or use the mic. Literally I have not heard one person say anything on mic at all. Even using the chat is pretty rare.

Yeah, no one gives a rats *** about teamwork and squads anymore. That's what made the game fun, we would all be different kits and have a game plan when we played. It was great but that type of teamwork is dead and gone, all anyone cares about is personal stats and rank and that's too bad. takes all the fun out of the game as far as I'm concerned.

I actually thought BF2 was much better as far as team work and overall fun. I played for a long time with my brother and a about 6 of my friends and we had a blast playing BF2 but when we all started playing BF2142 all the teamwork went to hell and the game wasn't as much fun to play. BFBC2 is a lot of fun but hard to get used to and most of my friends don't have it so I'm flying solo with this one. BF2 was by far the best multi player game I've played so far!
I agree with this. No multiplayer FPS game has come close to providing me with the hours of entertainment that BF2 did/still does.

I'm guessing BF3 will use the frostbite engine or some variation of it. I just don't think it'll have the same "arcade" feel as BF2 did.

A BF2 with better graphics and hitreg would be awesome. And for god sake I hope DICE cuts down the thickness of dust/fog/blowing snow.

Adding squadplay...and still being one of the few games that does it? The commander player?

You serious?

Huh? No gameplay improvements? Squad-based combat with spawning on the squad leader, commander with chain of command voice chat, tactical supply and vehicle drops, calling in UAV and artillery, spotting enemies and quickly relaying their position to your team, 2-seated vehicles (chopper and planes) where players have to work together to succeed, etc. There were a ton of new gameplay elements. Sure maybe they weren't the first to do ALL of those things, but nobody had put it all together to make such a team-oriented, fun game. As far as I'm concerned, BF2 was one of the top multiplayer shooters ever.

Battlefield 2 was a huge disappointment.

I doubt 3 will win me over.

What?! How?!

I'm hoping they don't dumb down the PC version for the sake of making consoles. BF3 NEEDS to be PC first, consoles second [and this is coming from someone who plays 95% console games]. I hope DICE realize this, but seeing as they're owned by EA, we can only hope...

Yeah BF2 was amazing. The commander mode was soooo good, I don't think I have seen that in an FPS except for Natural Selection. The different kits, spawning on your team leader, the map with the objectives, getting objectives from a commander, huuuge maps/players. Such a great game.

For BC2 they took out the whole commander thing, made the maps way smaller, dumbed down the kits, let you spawn on any squad member ( doesn't feel as strategic as being a squad leader ), the objectives are a lot more dumbed down no more setting actual points anywhere on the map just on the few objectives... BC2 is ok, but a real disappointment. Spent $50 for a game that just isn't as fun as BF2.

Apparently BF3 is also coming out on the 360 and PS3. This just doesn't sound good any way I try to cut it, it just means more limitations - smaller maps, less player count, less vehicles.

What do you guys think?

Back