• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overheating problems zotal gf-9300 I-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markp1989

overheating problems zotac gf-9300 I-E

THe chipset heat sink on this thing is getting on my nervs, i have already had to replace the push pins on it as the stock ones were coming out, and now these ones have done the same.

im not sure weather i should just get some nuts, bolts and a few rubber washers and bolt it down, ot look for an after market chip set cooler.

if i end up getting a aftermarket hsf for it, what models would you recomend?

thansk, mark

Yeas definitely use some nuts and small bolts have done a NB the same worked out allot better, as for After-market heatsinks the HR-05 are great coolers and combine wih 70/80mm fan work wonders, for goo Temps

thanks for the reply, i have just ordered some thin screws nuts and rubber washers, and il bolt it down,

the heat sink on this motherboard is rly badly attached, even when push pins are in properly, if you touch it , it wobbles

thanks for the reply, i have just ordered some thin screws nuts and rubber washers, and il bolt it down,

the heat sink on this motherboard is rly badly attached, even when push pins are in properly, if you touch it , it wobbles

Sounds like my motherboard. The NB cooler is held on with a plastic piece that's bolted to the board, and then a thin metal band is what actually puts the pressure on the chip.

If you look at it hard enough it moves.

Sounds like my motherboard. The NB cooler is held on with a plastic piece that's bolted to the board, and then a thin metal band is what actually puts the pressure on the chip.

If you look at it hard enough it moves.

i know what you mean, its so frustrating, i spend 100+ on a board, would it kill them to spend a few pence to put the heat sink on properly.

Back