• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6400 Conroe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

offly

hi,

i read the other thread below but i got some more questions on my specific system.

Processors Information
Name Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Codename Conroe
Specification Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz

cooler: scythe mine

memory:
2GB MDT DDR2 RAM 800mhz

motherboard:
Asus P5Q SE-2
chipset: Intel P45/ICH10

BIOS:
newest

i wanted to overclock following: 1. CPU, 2. RAM, 3. FSB

got a guide in german where is referred to the voltage of the motherboard itself als VMCH. Do you know where i can find this setting on my Asus board? What is the name?
I need this when increasing the FSB.

Whats the best settings for my system do you believe? They need to be save. I got some tools to test it.
Need to overclock because of a game.

Do you also know whats the terms for the other settings in bios I have to change? Like vcore, vdimm, vmch

I imagine to go like: 1,08 Vcore @2800Mhz (7x400) 1,2V Fsbt

some screenshots for you:

Last edited:
I had the same CPU and I basically have the same motherboard.

On the Asus board the voltage is referred to as "CPU Voltage."

The vcore on my E6400 conroe was something crazy like 1.225v. So I could run 3.6ghz @ 1.35v.

So 1.35v is definitely safe since that's what most people's default voltage is.

Vdimm voltage is good anywhere from 1.8-2.1v

Everything else you want to keep the same or maybe just bump up .1v.

I have the same CPU and ran it daily at 1.4V (3.4GHz) mine isn't that good of a clocker. It requires to much voltage to get over 3.4Ghz but don't scared to bump voltage it won't hurt the chip just keep an eye on temps. I personally won't run anything over 60C at full load and I like to keep it in the low to mid 50's for 24/7 use.

Atm, I got my e6400 running @ 3GHz (375x8) with 2x2Gb RAM DDR2 800MHz (935 MHz) DRAM:FSB ratio 4:5
Vcore: 1.33125(manual)
FSB Term. Volt. : 1.3(auto)
CPU PLL: 1.8(auto)
NB volt: 1.16(auto)
DRAM Volt.: 1.94(manual)

Do the voltages here look good or are a bit high? Seems like CPU PLL could be a little high regarding it's on auto. I had my vcore bumped
to 1.41 V when set on auto o.o

I have the same cpu and am looking to oc it ...

With my board only supporting pc5300 ram ddr2-667 what are my limitations going to be on oc'ing ? The mobo I have is the ASRock ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 LGA 775 Intel 945GC A2 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

I think considering this socket is way old now what boards would still be available new to use with this cpu ? I am in Canada so I would really only want to order from well known legit online stores. I usually have bought from NCIX but would buy from others. I would prefer something SLI, something that overclocks well and possibly supporting DDR3. The last I can do with out if need be.

Last edited:
Back