• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Custom Water Cooling Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quo

Hey all, although I do not post a lot, I frequently come here looking for advice. Because of the great reviews and answers on these forums, I built my first PC from the ground up and have never been happier. This is the exact reason I am coming back for my first time building a water cool kit. This time, the reviews for what I was looking to put together are little more ambiguous. Hence this thread reaching out for some assistance -- I will need a response more attune to my exact expectation and what I have put together based on my reading.

Okay, let me start with my system specs:

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure
CPU: Intel i7 930 2.9 GHz
Motherboard: Evga X58 SLI LE (757)
Ram: Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600 (3 x 2GB)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870
PSU Corsair HX 850W (modular)

I am running all stock coolers and as you know, I am very interested in bringing this build to water cooling. I plan on engaging in heavy gaming with light overclocking. My main goal is to have low temps, with the ability to run a bit faster as quiet as possible. I eventually want the entire system to be water cooled, but I want to start with the CPU for now, then work the GPU and motherboard into the loop. I do not want more than one reservoir either because I will not be heavily OCing and the water cooling will be for aesthetics as well. So I don't want to crowd the inside of the system. Unless, of course, something else is recommended.

Now that the situation is laid out (not talking about the Jersey Shore one, although I would like to see him that way), here is what I have put together on my own. Please let me know if it is good or if I should make any changes. Please keep in mind my goals etc...

I REALLY appreciate any help you all can give. Thanks again:

CustomWCK.png

I am going for the UV blue theme as the lights on my Razer Mamba, case and keyboard are all that color. I might add some green kink reduction for some different colors, but that will be my main theme.

Thanks again!

well, I can tell just from looking at your parts list that you have not done enough reading about watercooling. Go into the watercooling section and read all the links in the sticky. Once you finish that, go to skinneelabs.com and read at least the radiator roundup and the cpu block roundup...I'd suggest you read everything there. Once you finish that come back with some specific questions (I'm sure you'll have them) and about then you'll be ready to buy your parts. I'm going to warn you now, your budget is a little low, so if you spend the time that its gonna take you to wade through all the stuff you needa read and cut back some so that you can increase your budget, it would certainly increase performance.

Back